Pro Wrestling Only

Dave Meltzer stuff

Loss

I'm shocked at how polished and in tune with his character Bo Dallas is in the 2014 NXT that I've watched. I was a person who saw him for the first time when he debuted in WWE main brand. Seeing him understand how to work his character in matches in NXT, it's a far cry from someone who from his debut was just a bland worker with a catchphrase that was barely explained.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

looks like Jeff Hamlin is out as Raw recapper for the Observer site. Unless he's just missing this week. Or does he move to Smackdown? If he's finished I'll kind of miss him. Seem to be in the minority but I enjoy(ed) his work.

http://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/wwe-raw-live-results-mcmahons-make-their-gm-choices-216756?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Edit: never mind he's back

"The match wasnt good because it was mostly Banks and Brooke and they werent on the same page. Well, they were on the same page Del Rio and Young were on earlier in the show. But not the same Paige Del Rio may have been on earlier."

Oh Dave, you've still got it, you've still got it, you've still got it

For those who missed it, Coach was on ESPN defending Vince in the new round of concussion lawsuits saying he (Vince) takes care of all the old timers and all he asks is they show up at WM weekend to sign autographs. Obviously there's lots wrong with that statement, and Dave called him out on it as well as former WCW announcer Chris Cruise. Coach apparently didn't know Cruise's background and tried big timing him saying he knows more because he spent 10 years in the business. That resulted in an epic DAVE'D moment in response pointing out Cruise's wrestling and news background.

Coach then tried to big time Dave himself by pulling out the "newsletter writers trying to get famous off me" line, leading to another epic DAVE'ing and half of wrestling twitter booting him in the ass.

I think what irritated most people was this idea by Coach that as long as you do your part you will be set for life by Vince. Sure if you have pull, history, or influence like the Coach does but I am sure of that but for the other 80% that is complete bullshit.

The other thing was it seemed like Coach was saying that concussions in wrestling was no big thing talking about how he had over 10 of them and got a concussion on his first day of training. First of all you were never a wrestler to begin with so of course you got a concussion starting. He had maybe 4 matches in his career so unless he was getting his brained scrambled by the dozens and dozens of stunners he probably took that is probably bullshit and more "I was a worker too" hype.

Coachmen is one of those guys at ESPN who want to be in that "First Take" group where the facts aren't important as long as you do it in the most over the top way possible.

He was asked about that on Twitter and gave the impression that he's had a standing offer each year and chose this year because he'd be able to attend the ceremony in person.

But he obviously didn't want to disparage Keller or Oliver or any other guy that got in ahead of him recently.

Okay is Meltzer saying that the percentage of wrestlers dying from steroids is worse than the percentage of veterans who died at World War II. First of all I hope he is only considering US soldiers in this because I am sure the Japanese and Germans would disagree intensely on that one. But even so why the hell would you even try to make that analogy given the huge differential in number of people who actually died.

With each month that wrestling bubble of his is getting smaller and smaller or his Twitter trolling is getting weirder and weirder

Okay is Meltzer saying that the percentage of wrestlers dying from steroids is worse than the percentage of veterans who died at World War II. First of all I hope he is only considering US soldiers in this because I am sure the Japanese and Germans would disagree intensely on that one. But even so why the hell would you even try to make that analogy given the huge differential in number of people who actually died.

With each month that wrestling bubble of his is getting smaller and smaller or his Twitter trolling is getting weirder and weirder

I would say it's a little of both. The sad thing is that he's still going back and forth with people on this today.

That clip of Dave talking about the AJPW Google Drive folder is hilarious. But also, now it appears most of the collection is gone. :(

Correction -- all gone. Really odd. Clicked on 1981 & 82 and saw a ton of files, went back and now its all empty.

I'm still seeing everything. Maybe it's frequency capped?

That clip of Dave talking about the AJPW Google Drive folder is hilarious. But also, now it appears most of the collection is gone. :(

Correction -- all gone. Really odd. Clicked on 1981 & 82 and saw a ton of files, went back and now its all empty.

This must be it, everything's still showing for me.

This must be it, everything's still showing for me.

Indeed looks to be the case. Crisis averted!