Pro Wrestling Only

Dave Meltzer stuff

Loss

Here they are, by the way:

Lince Dorado, Sin Cara and Cedric Alexander vs Tony Nese, Drew Gulak and Ariya Daivari ***1/4
Roman Reigns vs Rusev ***1/4
Dana Brooke vs Bayley *1/2
Enzo Amore and Colin Cassady vs Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson **
Seth Rollins vs Kevin Owens ****
The Brian Kendrick vs TJ Perkins *3/4
Cesaro and Sheamus vs The New Day **3/4
Sasha Banks vs Charlotte Flair **3/4
I guess Dave doesn't agree that Banks/Flair was one of the best WWE matches ever.

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There's no reason for them to carry weight was my point. Especially when you know he will give higher ratings to guys he's friends with, or rate something higher because of the promotion it takes place in, or etc etc etc. I don't see how writing the Observer makes his opinions on wrestling any more important than some random dude who watches a ton of wrestling. His words about financials and whatnot should hold more weight than the average person, but his personal taste in matches means as much as the personal taste of any other guy.

WWE fanboys whining that Meltzer rates WWE matches too low, it never ceases to amaze me. It's as if they don't realize that the ratings are fairly subjective and mostly meaningless. It's also rich that the people whining about it don't seem to actually watch any pro-wrestling outside of the WWE, which more than anything makes them look completely silly.

I don't think that's the case here. A lot of people on this board thought the HIAC matches were good and they watch a lot of wrestling outside of WWE. Maybe that theory applies to Wreddit but not around here.

Wreddit is exactly what I had in mind with that comment.

Here they are, by the way:

Lince Dorado, Sin Cara and Cedric Alexander vs Tony Nese, Drew Gulak and Ariya Daivari ***1/4
Roman Reigns vs Rusev ***1/4
Dana Brooke vs Bayley *1/2
Enzo Amore and Colin Cassady vs Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson **
Seth Rollins vs Kevin Owens ****
The Brian Kendrick vs TJ Perkins *3/4
Cesaro and Sheamus vs The New Day **3/4
Sasha Banks vs Charlotte Flair **3/4
I guess Dave doesn't agree that Banks/Flair was one of the best WWE matches ever.

Those are some shitty ratings. No way Rollins-Owens was the best match of the show. I don't know how anybody could think the main event was worse than that and the trios opener. Plus it's on the same level as the tag match?

Whatever, there is a reason I don't subscribe or follow Dave on twitter.

The poll results were also:

Kevin Owens vs. Seth Rollins 139

Charlotte vs. Sasha Banks 66

Roman Reigns vs. Rusev 15

Dave's view is that several spots in the main event were too simialr to Owens and Rollins and "not as good." He also emphasized how in the building the reversal spots for Owens/Rollins tore the house down and how the fans booed the first table not breaking and then fell silent for the finish of the main event so this connects to the other thread about the crowd affecting how he rates matches.

The poll results were also:

Kevin Owens vs. Seth Rollins 139

Charlotte vs. Sasha Banks 66

Roman Reigns vs. Rusev 15

I might believe those if they were reversed...

I am so out of touch with that type of fan now.

The reaction to this show has made think that also. I've watched the main event three times and still think it's a 4 star match. However, a lot of fans didn't like the main and gravitated towards the Owens/Rollins match. I get the feeling that those fans didn't care about Sasha/Charlotte to begin with and I see people on various platforms were growing tired of the feud so they weren't gonna like it. Dave already started that they didn't build it properly for the first women's main event and he's right. But for me, I enjoyed it cause I gave up watching Raw leading up to this. I skipped the go home show and it's made my enjoyment of the show overall better.

Too early to comment on the validity one way or the other, but Tom Lawlor - who has spent months if not years on co-hosted F4W shows slamming any fighter who fails a drug test and asserting that USADA should be if anything tougher on them - just got popped for a potential out-of-competition violation. Will be interesting if he publicly joins the growing Tainted Supplement outcry.

The way the USADA statement was worded it could mean anything from him not checking in at the proper time or him sitting in a Scarface style mountain of coke.

By all means throw the book at the guy if he actually took something, but it's kind of shitty for a governing body to release a statement more vague than a bitchy teenage girl throwing shade at her former BFF on Facebook.

I'm not someone who trains, either professionally or recreationally, but it seems the whole "tainted supplement" defense would lead to questions on why pro fighters would continue to risk taking supplements if they're that susceptible to tainting. Either you look like a jackass for taking the stuff and/or you look like a jackass for being the miillionth person to use the same excuse for popping.

It's amazing to me just how bad their Board is. One would think that the people who subscribe to the Observer would be among the more intelligent wrestling fans but the screen shots and mockery that I've seen of the F4W board on twitter tells me it's pretty much just wrestlingforum behind a paywall.

As a non-subscriber, I would be interested in a summary of what the board thought about the piece. I thought it did detract from the piece that Dave bought into the liberal media's narrative about Trump support being a "whitelash" without giving proper credence to the real reasons people supported Trump.

As a non-subscriber, I would be interested in a summary of what the board thought about the piece. I thought it did detract from the piece that Dave bought into the liberal media's narrative about Trump support being a "whitelash" without giving proper credence to the real reasons people supported Trump.

Are we really going to start this on here now? The "liberal media" didn't create the things Trump and his vocal supporters said. Is Dave supposed to follow the Fox News viewpoint of Trump is an outsider who built himself up from the ground up and is going to drain the swamp (using lobbyists)?

Dave was just about as neutral as a person could be in his writing so let's not start using it as an excuse to jump on every little thing.

I don't think Dave casually implying any of his readers who supported Trump are racists is a little thing. Such a claim also ignores that white voters in Trump's key states voted Obama in 2008. Given that the person who brought up the F4W board did not provide the full context I might be wrong on this, but the board posters would be justified if they feel offended by Dave's whitelash remark.

I don't think Dave casually implying any of his readers who supported Trump are racists is a little thing. Such a claim also ignores that white voters in Trump's key states voted Obama in 2008. Given that the person who brought up the F4W board did not provide the full context I might be wrong on this, but the board posters would be justified if they feel offended by Dave's whitelash remark.

If you voted for Trump you may not be a racist, but you are certainly ok with having a racist president. Either way you suck. Not to mention sexist and homophobic too, the president is.