Pro Wrestling Only

Dave Meltzer stuff

Loss

Roman is a perfectly fine promo guy as long as he isn't given those weird fairy tale promos to recite. Cesaro is bad at promos of any kind, and has never been able to convey character beyond "kind of goofy aloof guy who wrestles and smiles" for his entire career. In fact, the most character he's ever shown is saying HEY after every few moves.

Perfectly fine is a stretch. Roman is fine when he talks hardly at all or he's playing a tweener. He's also not as terrible as he was when he first got that big megapush, but he's had years of practice now and it's clear he's not a strong main-event level talker.

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm a big Cesaro fan going back well over a decade now, but his best work in WWE and really over the years has been as a tag team wrestler. Him and Hero were great back in the day. Real Americans were great. Him and Kidd were awesome. I really like him and Sheamus as a team. I think he's a great tag team guy who's best doing that with an occasional singles push here and there, and there's nothing wrong with being in that spot

Probably not the place to say it, but I see Roman as Batista-esque in the promo department. As a scripted babyface being handed punchlines to read, he is not great, but I predict, when/if he does turn heel, he's going to be really good at trolling the crowd and getting heat (like that Batista run against Cena where he was doing those spotlight promos).

Can someone explain this interview thing and the backlash? Twitter is not making it clear for a non subscriber.

HHH was on Observer Live to do a PR fluff interview on the new WWE animated movie and wrestling Twitter demanded a hard hitting takedown apparently.

After listening to this I can say that Alvarez is the perfect person to do a PR fluff interview with Triple H. This is a guy who people aren't even sure watches the current product who would rather spend 30 minutes trying to make his grandma look feeble (failing by the way) than talk about RAW or Smackdown.

Getting news and information about the wrestling business from Bryan Alvarez is like getting your sports knowledge from watching First Take or basically anything from Fox Sports 1 before 7:00 PM.

Kinda ridiculous ? Try "dumb as fuck".

That being said, some people around this place have been saying the same kind of dumb as fuck things lately about Meltz.

(and I would not have given more than 3 stars 1/2 at most to Okada/Omega myself, so that tells you all I think about the infamous 6*)

Damn, Kenny Omega buried Jim Cornette on the last Metz podcast where he announced he wouldn't be at the Rumble. The guy knows what he's doing though in term of managing his career. Unless something unexpected happens, I totally see him signing with WWE next year.

I didn't listen to it, but Omega is never going to be worth more than he was this month before he made his decision. He's highly unlikely to ever get that kind of buzz again. I would have used that to cash in on some big WWE bucks while I could.

Who knows what will happen by next year. He could easily be injured, NJPW might be pushing someone else, he might be on the outs with NJPW, you just never no in wrestling.

Well, technically, he hasn't re-signed with New Japan yet so who knows if he'll get everything he wants. But I'm really thinking that Omega really wants this program with Kota Ibushi before parting ways with New Japan for good. I'm sure this was his highest motivation to turn down WWE.

I enjoyed Okada-Omega, but he came off like an oblivious primadonna in that interview, and has yet to contribute a hundredth of what Cornette has to wrestling. I can even at times agree that some of present-day Cornette feels a bit "old man yells at cloud", but if top gaijin stars have to have two on-air therapy sessions with Dave to come down every time they have a good match, it's not worth it. There are Heavenly Bodies matches that I haven't seen yet.

I enjoyed Okada-Omega, but he came off like an oblivious primadonna in that interview, and has yet to contribute a hundredth of what Cornette has to wrestling. I can even at times agree that some of present-day Cornette feels a bit "old man yells at cloud", but if top gaijin stars have to have two on-air therapy sessions with Dave to come down every time they have a good match, it's not worth it. There are Heavenly Bodies matches that I haven't seen yet.

Interesting, I had the exact opposite impression of him. To me he sounded like someone who didn't really want to bash a guy who is obviously a legend in the business but at the same time is tiring of listening to his bullshit. I don't listen to Corny's podcasts/shoots but apparently he's telling stores about Omega's time in ROH that are inaccurate, and in a business where your reputation can get sunk by someone telling tales on you, I can't blame him wanting to set the record straight.

Interesting, I had the exact opposite impression of him. To me he sounded like someone who didn't really want to bash a guy who is obviously a legend in the business but at the same time is tiring of listening to his bullshit. I don't listen to Corny's podcasts/shoots but apparently he's telling stores about Omega's time in ROH that are inaccurate, and in a business where your reputation can get sunk by someone telling tales on you, I can't blame him wanting to set the record straight.

Yeah, on Jericho's show Omega wouldn't even mention Cornette by name and changed the subject. And if I was him I'd tell Cornette to go fuck himself.