Pro Wrestling Only

Dave Meltzer stuff

Loss

When WWE had the Miz read off the inflated number of sellouts at the beginning of RAW, it almost felt like they were directly trolling Dave. I'm sure they weren't, but I was amused.

The 187 number (no, not Homicide) was all over the bio video on the network as well. That included a clip from the Hall of Fame where HHH was using the 187 number while talking to Bruno and Bruno did not object.

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When WWE had the Miz read off the inflated number of sellouts at the beginning of RAW, it almost felt like they were directly trolling Dave. I'm sure they weren't, but I was amused.

The 187 number (no, not Homicide) was all over the bio video on the network as well. That included a clip from the Hall of Fame where HHH was using the 187 number while talking to Bruno and Bruno did not object.

wwe hucksters to the end

The original article stated thtat, if I remember correctly, it was an estimate based on the number of shows they had each year and the number of years he main evented. It was clearly just an estimate. But everybody is always only quoting the number, ignoring that it is merely an estimate.

It's funny, even his post-Ivan exit details are always hilariously wrong. He had his own Pennsylvania sub-territory (basically you had a PA based roster and a NJ based roster until the national expansion). He didn't exactly slow down. He ran his own "territory" in the most godforsaken towns that were no step above Witschi`s Arena. I kinda have an interest in that as one of these towns is Washington, Pa and if my parents had divorced I might have even ended up there. And that town was always dead as a wrestling town, only Bruno made a serious attempt to make such towns into a real territory. Retirement my ass.

In a way, "The case against Bruno" would be a fascinating topic and it would have some legs. The cancelled and dark MSG, that Pittsburgh territory... not exactly what you would expect from a Hall of Famer. It is important though to be clear that while these issues can be interpreted as negatives, it doesn't negate the positives. Was he a flop because of 1968 MSG? No. But 1968 MSG wasn`t a run of 12 sell outs either.

https://twitter.com/holly_brooke7/status/989906310274707459

"You say this as we have a match with Cedric Alexander."

wwe mark defending wwe is nothing new

How old are you?

Making fun of someone for liking WWE is pretty pathetic.

its blind defese of wwe that disagree with and this blind defence iv been callec racist by WWE die-hards to for being a principled anti theocrat in debate in face book aboth this iv bene macked here for my view bot this goes deeper than wrestling to my core values

i got called racist dease being pro Kurdish and feacly for Palestine im anti muslim

its blind defese of wwe that disagree with and this blind defence iv been callec racist by WWE die-hards to for being a principled anti theocrat in debate in face book aboth this iv bene macked here for my view bot this goes deeper than wrestling to my core values

i got called racist dease being pro Kurdish and feacly for Palestine im anti muslim

Shodate doing his best to derail yet another thread to talk about himself and bring it all back to him. No-one here has called you a racist so why the fuck are you even bringing this up?

Shodate doing his best to derail yet another thread to talk about himself and bring it all back to him. No-one here has called you a racist so why the fuck are you even bringing this up?

nope was having debate in another place about GRR event not here just to clear that up

i brought it up cause edwin said i was attacking wwe fans, not the die-hards who attacked me[ in another plave] im not derailing it links in to the Meltzer tweet and how people are reacting to it.

cuase i agree with dave here

Just put him on your ignore list. Forums are a lot easier that way. Trust me. I'm firmly in the he should still be banned camp, btw.

I think I get what Dave Meltzer is trying to say this time with this tweet. Having an all-female PPV doesn't make up for them being excluded from this one. The way he went about trying to make that point is going to ruffle some feathers though. Goodness.

I think I get what Dave Meltzer is trying to say this time with this tweet. Having an all-female PPV doesn't make up for them being excluded from this one. The way he went about trying to make that point is going to ruffle some feathers though. Goodness.

Exactly. It's not hard to understand at all. He's talking about segregation. He's saying it would be like having a show where blacks wouldn't be allowed, and then "making up for it" by booking an all-black show. How awful and racist does that sound ? Well, that's segregation and that's the show we're watching tonight, and having an "all-women" show would not make up for it at all.

1000% that

Anyone pretending Dave said something offensive there is playacting.

The Twitter reactions are so weird.....How in any way can that be interpreted as something other than "segregation is bad, and holding another segregated show for the minority group won't cancel out that segregation is bad"?

People are actually saying that it's racist?

People are actually saying that it's racist?

People are stupid.

On the last WOR show Dave just talked about how awful and racist the US has been in the past and how it's still very problematic today for women and minorities. People trying to portray him as a racist either have an agenda or are complete dumbfucks (like this girl who tweeted about Cedric Alexander, what the fuck did she not understand about a perfectly articulated sentence ? English is not even my native language and there was nothing ambiguous at all about it to me). There.

Exactly. It's not hard to understand at all. He's talking about segregation. He's saying it would be like having a show where blacks wouldn't be allowed, and then "making up for it" by booking an all-black show. How awful and racist does that sound ? Well, that's segregation and that's the show we're watching tonight, and having an "all-women" show would not make up for it at all.

Yes but why take the time to think about it when you can be mad about something!

The bigger issue here is: you guys came up with better wording for your posts regarding the same point - hopefully - Meltzer was trying to make in what? 2 or 3 minutes at most? Then why the fuck doesn't he think his posts through more?

This is another subject that requires a little more nuance than what Dave seems to be capable of conveying. It's impossible to look at his post and say "oh well he clearly worded this argument as best as he could've done". Is he a racist? I'd hope not, but instead he is showing no tact at all when discussing those subjects.

He could've made a thread (twitter posts all the necessary tweets, you don't need to post them separatedly), and there's simply no room for "oh but it's only 280 characters". He can add as many tweets as needed. Being this inept at social media for a guy with his profession and who spends as much time as he does is inexcusable.

The bigger issue here is: you guys came up with better wording for your posts regarding the same point - hopefully - Meltzer was trying to make in what? 2 or 3 minutes at most? Then why the fuck doesn't he think his posts through more?

I'm sorry but his tweet was absolutely cristal clear in what it expressed. I came up with "better wording" because I had to explain what was already perfectly clear, really. Meltz actually pretty much used the exact same wording I did a few tweets later. But to me it's a matter of people looking for something to get outraged at, much like with the Bruno deal. Like I said, I'm not an English native speaker and the tweet made absolute perfect sense immediately.