Pro Wrestling Only

Wrestling Culture Episode 25

Episode 25 of The Wrestling Culture Podcast is up and it is probably the most important podcast we have ever done.

My friend John Philapavage and his life long friend Kevin Kiernan have been working on a documentary on ECW for 12 years (yes this means interviews that go back to the very tale end of the companies existence and pre-date Forever Hardcore and Rise and Fall by years). After multiple ups and downs along the way the project is nearing completion but they need our help.

I know what you are thinking - ANOTHER ECW documentary? But everything I know about this tells me this will be radically different. This is not a storyline/angle driven doc. It is not a documentary with an agenda. It is a documentary that includes members of the wrestling media, fans, lesser known promoters and behind the scenes figures. It takes a look at the impact the promotion had not just on wrestling but on the wrestlers themselves. Most importantly it is something put together by an ECW fan who is candid about how this project started, the twists and turns it has taken and the fact that it will not be a hero worshipping or "those were the days" piece.

We cover all of this and a ton more, including our shared near death experience at Ag Hall in Allentown in 97, behind the scenes details of the chaos at Extreme Reunion, Steve Corino as (one of) the nicest guy in wrestling, John's "stalking" Tod Gordon and how that got the project started, and tons more.

http://www.talkshoe.com/talkshoe/web/talkC...2658&cmd=tc

If you are interested in donating to get this important project over the hump, here is the link to the kickstarter page. Every little bit helps. At minimum check out the great video they have posted there. If that doesn't convince you I don't know what will.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bwcfil...nship-wrestling