Pro Wrestling Only

Voices of Wrestling - New Japan "Road to Destruction" Review

W2BTD

Just wanted to say I thought the preface before the match reviews was really good analysis and the sort of thing that will draw readers to the site even when they may not agree with your take on the matches themselves (I look at the site pretty regularly anyway, but this impressed me so...). Good work.

Also I am way more excited then I should be for Liger v. Rob Conway and that first eight man elimination looks like a match I could really enjoy.

Just wanted to say I thought the preface before the match reviews was really good analysis and the sort of thing that will draw readers to the site even when they may not agree with your take on the matches themselves (I look at the site pretty regularly anyway, but this impressed me so...). Good work.

Also I am way more excited then I should be for Liger v. Rob Conway and that first eight man elimination looks like a match I could really enjoy.

Thank you very much. I really appreciate that.

I'm oddly hyped for Conway/Liger as well, and I can't wait to see what i'll get to see live in terms of Conway's defenses on the NWA/New Japan shows in Texas next month.

Were you at the Boesch show? I know it was supposed to be released on DVD but I don't know if it ever was. I wanted to see the tag match and Conway v. Masters, but don't remember what the rest of the card was like.

The Boesch show was the best live show i've seen all year.

Kahagas, who I normally do not like at all, had a kick ass match against Byron Wilcott that blew me away. They worked a pace that flat out shocked me and just kicked the snot out of each other.

Conway/Masters was really good.

The KES/KOTU match was also strong, way better than I was expecting and I figured it would be pretty decent.

Ray Rowe vs Mike Dell delivered.

Damian Wayne vs Carson was a let down because it was angle heavy. Wayne is one of my favorites and I love Carson, so it was pretty disappointing to get a shit finish. The work was solid though.

Jax Dane vs Erickson was shit, but I figured it would be.

I might be forgetting something. There was a tag opener that was fine. Overall the show blew me away, and that's after being pumped about Wayne/Carson and then being let down.

EDIT: show is on sale here: http://nwahouston.com/shopsite_sc/index.html

Thanks for the link. I've seen another Kahagas v Wilcott match this year and it was one of the worst Kahagas matches I've seen this year (unlike you I'm pretty high on him, actually I wonder if you would like his match Korey Chavis but I digress) and I hate Carson and he has dragged down other favorites of mine before. Still I really want to see the show, so I think I'm going to pick it up in a few weeks