Pro Wrestling Only

Alternate Universe

slabinski611

I know there are other threads that get into this but I'm not sure if these specifics were discussed so apologies in advance. I read through some topics talking about the wwf style compared to how Crocket and even early 90s wcw ran matches. I also saw one of the won threads talking about how Meltzer thought some of the wwf's talent in the 80s should go to other promotions so that they can work the kind of matches they want. So here is my point.

If you start with 1985 since that was the beginning of the Crockets and the first wrestlemania and finished around mid 1994 before Hogan joined wcw, what wrestlers would have been more suited for the opposite promotion. For example: wwf works heel in peril all the time so even with a ton of tag teams in the late 80s it didn't produce that many great matches. NWA worked face in peril and more longer matches. I know I liked a Strike Force/Islanders match from either 9/87 or 10/87 and it was good for a fast paced 10 minute match under the wwf standards but I'm sure they could have put together a better match if it was under the Crocket regime. Same goes for guys like Dibiase,Hennig etc.

On the flip side, what wrestlers in nwa/wcw were better suited for the wwf. The first names that I came up with are the Koloffs. Big roided up monsters that have the look vince wanted. Better than having Volkoff/Boris. Another name that might scratch some heads is the Freebirds. I don't know about Gordy but Hayes/Garvin could fit right in with the cartoonish nature of things.