Pro Wrestling Only

How Would You Book Them

Guest EastCoastJ

Guest EastCoastJ

WWE writers get a lot of criticism, rightfully so. However, something that a lot of people tend to overlook is the fact that writers are responsible for finding something interesting to do with thirty or so guys on the roster at the same time, and some talent must very difficult to put into the proper direction while focusing on main event storylines, building towards pay-per-views and other things. So, the question is, if you were a writer for WWE television, what would you do with the following wrestlers:

Raw:

Danny Basham

Rene Dupree

Tajiri

Tyson Tomko

Smackdown:

Hardcore Holly

The FBI

Sylvain Grenier

Orlando Jordan

Answers must be realistic with the direction WWE is going in (these wrestlers are low to midcarders, so they can't go over main eventers and are going to be limited to seven minute segments per show). You're a writer so you can't say "screw Grenier, he sucks, I'll bury him". You have to maximize the potential and talent of all these guys using very little airtime. Who would you book them to get wins over or fued with? What general direction would you go in with them?

Writing for the entire roster is probably way harder than it looks, and this is kind of a difficult question. I'll answer later tonight as I am pressed for time now, but I was curious how everyone else would attempt to use this talent.

Guest Benjie

Danny Basham

With everyone healthy on RAW, I don't think I'd book him on the mainshow as I haven't seen him speak on the microphone or in singles competition. He was good when he was teaming with Doug. Why they split them up is beyond me as they were a good team.

Rene Dupree

For now I'd leave him on Heat, but he can talk well on the microphone and can be used as a mid-card heel. The highest I'd ever book him is in the role where Carlito is in now. Dupree has nice heel charisma and his moveset is ok so he isn't too bad to watch in the ring.

Tajiri

I would've booked him in the spot that Eugene has now, or in Viscera's place as he's a wrestler that all the fans know and enjoy both in and out of the ring. Ideally I'd place him in the Cruiserweight division and book him or Noble as the #1 heels.

Tyson Tomko

I have no time for him. I prefer Master because he at least has a good voice and a character going for him. What appeal did Tomko have apart from being Christian's "Problem Solver"?

Hardcore Holly

Haas and Holly were over a few months back and the WWE didn't listen to the fans. I've always foung Holly to be solid at everything and the fans know who he is so I'd use him to either get new talent over, or let him have his occasional feud.

The FBI

Unless I'm missing something, isn't it only Nunzio?

Sylvain Grenier

I wouldn't book him. He's one of the WWE wrestlers where when I see them on television I think to myself don't they have a better talent who isn't doing anything?

Orlando Jordan

We need to decide where we're going with him. Is he just going to be JBL's lackey with or are we going to do something with him? A show needs at least five main heels who fans are really familiar with. RAW has Angle, Triple H, Jericho, Edge and Carlito and SmackDown! has JBL, Eddie, Christian and Orton. As you can see, RAW's are much stronger than that of SmackDown! so maybe a heel turn somewhere is needed. SmackDown! needs another one and Orlando is talented enough on the microphone and has a good enough look to do it. Would I book him there? With Regal on the same roster I wouldn't, but Orlando isn't that bad of a choice and he's always improving in the ring.

Guest The Metal Maniac

I think Benji was spot-on about Holly. They *really* should've kept Haas around, if only to continue their tag team; whether smarks want to admit it or not, Holly does seem to be pretty over for a midcarder, so they could've made him play the veteran role, teaching the younger Haas the ins and outs of the biz. Then, once the team ran their course, have Haas maybe start to move beyond Holly, perhaps picking up a secondary title, only to get viciously attacked by Holly out of jealousy. I think it could work.

But then again, I'm the last Holly mark on earth.

Guest SweetMama Scaat

I agree with your Bob Holly assesment.

Danny Basham- "Name Jobber"-like Jumping Jim Brunzell was after the killer bees broke up. Or like Funaki is now.

Rene Dupree- Upper midcard heel- Battling the likes of Shelton Benajamin and the Big Show

Tajiri- Leave him where he is/Putting him in Visceras spot as the top undercard babyface or whatever.

Tyson Tomko- eithe put him in dark matches against up and comers (CM Punk etc) or move him to Smackdown and reunite him with Christian.

FBI- Actually put Big Vito on TV, and get a tag division working again.

Sylvain Grenier- Top undercard heel, he beats scotty 2 hotty but will always job to Hedeinreich and Booker T. Jobber to the stars is the term I belive.\

Oranldo Jordan- Teach him how to cut a promo. Then either put him in a stable or, if they really wanna push him build one around him. Team him up with Grenier and kazarian, or with Christian and Tomko. Jordans like Bobby Eaton in way. Hes ok, and could prolly be a good midcard wrestler, but is better off with more entertaining people around him.