Pro Wrestling Only

Squared Circle Gazette Radio #3 - What Does Wrestling Need?

We got a good bit of feedback from this board, so we read and discussed a lot of the points mentioned. Some good debate on the next top star, women's wrestling, whether we believe wrestling is cyclical, and much more.

Should be on iTunes this week, barring any issues, but feedback is extremely welcome...

http://squaredcirclegazette.podbean.com/mf/play/b9w4fs/SCGRadio3-WhatDoesWrestlingNeed.mp3

http://squaredcirclegazette.podbean.com/mf/play/b9w4fs/SCGRadio3-WhatDoesWrestlingNeed.mp3

Have to say guys, as much as I do enjoy what you're doing, the way you discuss women's wrestling makes me a little uneasy. Comments that center around the belief that female wrestlers just aren't on the same level as male wrestlers, as far as work goes at least, rub me the wrong way. There's about 6-8 legitimately good-great female workers spread out over WWE and NXT right now. In fact, I'd take those 8 women over the great majority of the male roster as far as ability in the ring goes. You're entitled to your opinions of course, but the quick and easy dismissal of women's wrestling is not an endearing aspect of the podcast.

I won't say I disagree with you there - it wasn't even a consensus opinion on the show, but unfortunately I think that kind of critical mindset does exist out there in the casual audiences opinion as well. I would like to see a greater emphasis on it given the talent they have in the wings, but I do fear they've done a lot of damage in getting people to ever take it seriously. Chase was pretty passionate in his rebuttal against the two guys who seemed eager to knock it, and I think he made some good points that they couldn't answer, especially when the Ronda Rousey comparison came up.

I do want to do an entirely separate show on the subject of women's wrestling because there is tons to discuss on it.