Pro Wrestling Only

Monday Night Rewind

Well, that's the proposed name anyway. This is something that I'm looking to start within the next 4 to 6 weeks. First let me introduce myself. My name is Ricky Whittenburg and I'm from a small town in East Tennessee (which happens to be the biggest county by land mass in the whole state). I'm about 15 minutes from Johnson City where the NWA/WCW ran often at Freedom Hall. Also, about an hour and a half from Knoxville.

I've been a wrestling fan my entire life. My dad was always a big fan and I learned to read by having him read PWI's to me basically. He would then have me read to him so those are some of my earliest memories as a wrestling fan. I think everyone thinks they grew up in the golden era of wrestling and I'm no different. I was born in 1980 so I did get to catch the tail end of the territory days and have fond memories of watching NWA, AWA, WWF, WCCW, Continental, Memphis and even some smaller local promotions that would air at 2:00 AM and we would set the VCR to tape them.

I am a father of 3 girls, a 5 year old, and twins that will be 2 next month that keep me on my toes. I work as a Special Assets Manager for a regional bank and also have hosted a weekend Oldies radio show for nearly 15 years at our local radio group.

I recently just discovered there were podcasts of various forms covering current wrestling as well as old school wrestling and many things in between. I would love to cover Old School NWA but Chad and Parv have done such a tremendous job covering those anything I could do would just be redundant. I know that I've saw some live watches and reviews of various Raw's/Nitro's out there but don't know if there's a show like the one I'm proposing or not.

What I'd like to do is to begin with the very first night Monday Nitro and break down the Nitro/Raw from that week. Give out the storylines weekly and the moves happening in and around wrestling. Recap each show and then come up with who the group felt was the best show each week, best wrestlers, etc. I'm not trying to reinvent the wheel here. I would just like to have some fun. I'm still very much in the preliminary stages of developing this show but would like to have everything worked out and ready to roll like I originally said in the next 4-6 weeks.

Are there any others on this board that may want to jump into this with me? I believe that the Monday Night Wars was my second favorite time as a wrestling fan right behind mid to late 80s. It was very strange to all of a sudden not be labeled a geek for being a fan of wrestling and actually being sought out to explain who people were and why this was happening. When, about a year before, I would have not even dared to admit I still watched. If anyone is interested in possibly being involved in this new show with me please feel free to email me at [email protected] or send a message to me through the boards. I've definitely been inspired to do this show after listening to Where the Big Boys Play, Titans of Wrestling, and Scott & Justin's Place to Be Podcast.