Pro Wrestling Only

The Tag Rope: Issue #4

jl0AUg5.jpg

So it's come to this, the fourth issue.

For those who may not have heard of us, my name is Ryan Carse and I'm the editor of The Tag Rope, a quarterly professional wrestling magazine based in the United Kingdom.

What started out originally as an assignment for university has now blossomed into a fully-fledged publication, available in both physical and digital formats across the world.

Issue #3 was launched in late December to an overwhelmingly positive response, and featured articles such as a preview of New Japan's Wrestle Kingdom 9 event, a look at Britain's second-ever no rope barbed-wire deathmatch between Jimmy Havoc and DJ Hyde (featuring interviews with both men before the bout), and an interview with GFW and TNA founder, Jeff Jarrett. You can still purchase Issue #3 either physically for just £3, or digitally from as little as £2.

Since the publication of the third issue, we've made it our mission to recruit even better writers, graphic designers and photographers to the team to ensure that we are consistently evolving and improving with each issue. Without question, this is our biggest endeavour yet, and if there was ever a time to check out The Tag Rope, it's now.

Inside Issue #4, you'll find:

• Best of 2014, our look at the year that was 2014, as we award our selections for Wrestler of the Year, Match of the Year, Feud of the Year and tons more. Check them out and tell us we've made the wrong choices, it's what award pieces were made for.
  • In-Fight Storytelling, former WWE.com writer, comics book extraordinaire and current host of The World's Smartest Rasslin' Talk Show, Straight Shoot, Aubrey Sitterson joins the roster of writers for the fourth issue, as he explores what wrestling truly is, and why it's just what happens between the ropes that matters. Super interesting stuff that's worth checking out.
  • Tommy End: An Audience with The Anti-Hero, we sat down with one half of the Sumerian Death Squad and perennial favourite on European shores, Tommy End, only days after winning the prestigious wXw 16 Carat Gold tournament, and a few short weeks before he makes his debut for Pro Wrestling Guerilla. Tommy has said in the last few days that this was one of his most open and personal interviews to date, and we'd be inclined to agree. A truly compelling conversation with a man who kicked Jesus in the chest last weekend. Worth the price of admission alone.
  • It's Time to Cash In, Arik Wonsover takes a look at the continuing rise of one of WWE's most talented competitors on the current roster, Seth Rollins, by taking a look at his past as he speaks with former tag team partner, Marek Brave. Rollins and Brave currently run a professional wrestling school out of Iowa, and in this article, Arik manages to cover Rollins' entire career, intriguing stuff.

There's so much more inside Issue #4, that I don't want to ruin it all by listing it here. At only £3, we truly feel like we are offering something completely different than anything else on the market. Response to Issues #2 & #3 has been incredibly humbling, and has inspired me to move forward with The Tag Rope and provide the best magazine I possibly can.

In addition to all of this, the first 50 pre-orders will get an exclusive Minoru Suzuki postcard print courtesy of our resident graphic designers, Rainmaker Inc. These are a limited-time only offer of prints that won't be made available again, and to be honest, we can count on one hand how many we have left, so get yours whilst you can.

So, take a punt on the alternative professional wrestling magazine for just £3 over at http://thetagrope.bigcartel.com, and if you're feeling generous, please do give us a like over on http://facebook.com/thetagrope, or follow us at https://twitter.com/tagropemag. Cheers!

I'll admit to not being familiar with Sitterson, or his work. That being said, I wrote an article for this issue, and the first three issues have been really good. So, even if you have misgivings about Sitterson don't let him stop you from giving what is a great magazine about pro wrestling a legitimate chance.

Also, just wanted to add that I'm very proud of the work I do for The Tag Rope, as well as the work put in by many others. Pedro Carvalho is an amazing artist who comes up with some great illustrations for the magazine. Oli Sandler contributes some really swell looking photography. And the writers all have their own voices and produce articles that cover a wide range of topics and present varying opinions. I'm not sure of any other magazine that would not only let me but welcome a 1,000 word article about Bunkhouse Buck versus Dustin Rhodes. So, yeah, give the magazine a chance, it's pretty swell.