Pro Wrestling Only

[2022-05-28-Seichi Ikemoto Produce-Ikemoto's Publication Party] Seichi Ikemoto vs Atsunori Suzuki

corwo

This is the kind of hidden gem I live for. The match transpires on a mat at Ikemoto's publication party somewhere in Japan. He's facing off against fellow professional MMA fighter Atsunori Suzuki. I'd also be remiss if I didn't mention the pop music blaring in the background the entire time. It makes for an incredibly unique atmosphere juxtaposed with the hard-hitting action of the match.

Both start in a guarded stance, and Ikemoto immediately rocks Suzuki with a knee strike. Suzuki's grounded punches looked awesome, anf he immediately turned his advantage into a kneebar. He'd fit in well in Hard Hit or CAPTURE. The mat work was terrific, as you'd expect from two skilled MMA fighters. It was scrappy, and control weaved back and forth between the two. Ikemoto caught Suzuki flush with a knee strike, following up with a triangle choke. A scramble for position led to Ikemoto forcing an escape.

One of the coolest transitions of the match - and there were many - came when Ikemoto flung his body over Suzuki with a pseudo-cartwheel into a full body mount. Suzuki took over with a side headlock, using a water bottle to his advantage. The sympathy Ikemoto garnered in the late stages of the match was made all the more impressive by his selling. He staggered around the mat, utilizing roll-ups to his advantage. Pins are also legal if you need more of a reminder of how weird and fascinating this match is.

The match built up to a crescendo, as Ikemoto got suplexed on the outside of the mat. Suzuki's STOs looked gnarly, as Ikemoto's body folded on each one. The crowd roared to life as Ikemoto made his final comeback, hitting a rising knee strike and employing a flying armbar to seal the deal.

What an experience. Words cannot do it enough justice. I strongly recommend taking ten minutes out of your day to watch this.