Pro Wrestling Only

[2014-05-04-Pro Wrestling Wallabee] Classic Kid vs KEITA In THE C

Ma Stump Puller

Classic Kid/Craig Classic is a nothing Gaijin act that basically showed up for virtually every Japanese company in service as a reliable but mostly undercard jobber act, nothing particularly interesting comes up in his career but he seems solid. KEITA I guess sees this as a challenge so he pushes the guy to a near 20 minute mat-wrestling clinic while having no ring, a super quiet crowd, and nothing more but some random Yoga mats to work with, all while still doing his weird TDK Joker act. KEITA for the first half mostly focused on trying to get to the arms, using a massive assortment of typically tricky technical displays while Kid uses mostly conventional stuff to handle the guy, holding his own for a while while doing so. KEITA cheats when Kid is in the lead before defaulting back to pulling out more insanely innovative showcases to show off. At one point he does like a literal cross-arm cross armbreaker and while it looks weird as anything it's also pretty awesome.

His heel work is mostly focused around, interestingly, the eyes of Kid: raking at them, scrubbing his foot on them, punching them with knuckle-first strikes, or generally finding any opening to do more stuff involving targeting the eyes. It's almost like he was just trying to find as many ways humanly possible to do eye-work effectively as there was just so much on display here, way too many to go though individually. Kid sells for ages as he gets small pockets of offence to get his stuff in, but said stuff is mostly just aping Dynamite Kid/Benoit spots so I was glad of that, no thanks. KEITA pulls out all of the stops to try to get the win, including a dumb ref bump by using the ref to defend himself from a diving headbutt (which I'm 100% sure he just stole off Kendo Kashin) him doing a weird cartwheel senton off a chair (because again....no ring) and long drawn out attempts to finish the match with submissions into roll-ups and vice versa, just mangling the guy with weird ye-oldie Catch technique. 

The lead to the finish has Kid dominate at last as he is able to counter a Scorpion Death Lock into a Crossface, lands a chair-assisted diving headbutt, and is then able to win after landing a limp Tombstone and grabbing a Fujiwara armbar into Crossface transition out of KEITA's kick out, keeping it applied even when he tries to roll out of the hold into a cradle pin. Kid asks for their rematch to be a two out of three falls match, which KEITA agrees. This match would ALSO be recorded on Keita's other YT channel and it's a fucking bonkers crazy length as it clocks as a full 60 minute match, so I'm definitely going to check that out when I can spare a whole hour. Anyway, this is a great match: probably Kid's best outing ever as he sells strongly and gets good enough reactions for his ability to hold out against the onslaught of moves, for KEITA it's just another day rolling on sleazy mats in front of at best 25 people. Such is life.