Pro Wrestling Only

[1993-04-11-AJW-Dream Slam II] Mima Shimoda & Etsuko Mita vs Megumi Kudo & Combat Toyoda

Mr JMML

Exactly a week after the match I reviewed yesterday, this time their opponents are an up and coming team by the name of LCO ( Las Cachorras Orientales) as you may know one of the best tag teams in wrestling history formed by Mima Shimoda and Etsuko Mita, they began to team up in 1990 but they didn’t have a name until 1992 but their prime years were from 1997 to the year 2000 in my opinion having great matches in AJW, GAEA and ARSION during that time, this time they’re proving themselves against a team that may sound familiar to everyone that has been reading this substack in the last few days, the FMW team formed by Megumi Kudo and Combat Toyoda. Their opponents today are inferior to Manami Toyota and Toshiyo Yamada or Bull Nakano and Akira Hokuto so they might have a chance to win this time after losing the first two matches I reviewed, let’s see how it went.

It starts the way you imagine if you are familiar with LCO, they didn’t wait for the bell to rang at all, they went straight at them without hesitation, things calmed down in the next few minutes though. It’s evident that the match is closer in terms of ability, once again Megumi Kudo has a supporting role while Combat Toyoda is the powerhouse and the anchor of the team as always their opponents’ main goal is to takedown Toyoda. This is one of those matches in which the narrative is secondary as it’s the case with many LCO matches the spots are the protagonists, the crowd loves them and I can’t blame them. The highlights of the match are the table spots,the piledrivers and Combat Toyoda’s powerbomb. Combat Toyoda dropping people head first is always great and Kudo’s Tiger Driver looks nasty every time.

I wouldn’t recommend this match unless you are into spotfests and you like table spots, it’s just not for me.