Pro Wrestling Only

[2019-09-19-TCW-Tokyo Championship Wrestling] Dan Severn vs Suwama vs Noboru Uchida

Ma Stump Puller

TCW is essentially a money mark promotion that was built around getting over Yoon Kang Chul (???) from what I've seen. This is the result of their antics. 

The main idea of the match was that they had three different styles against each other: Severn was MMA, Suwama is wrestling, and Noboru Uchida is kickboxing. The result is a absolute messy delight that at least tries to engage with the concept a bit. Severn looks like he did absolutely zero conditioning and was relatively poor when doing anything in the ring but fair credit to the guy, he at least didn't seem like he was just here for the bucket of money they had for him and I'm sure he doesn't really need it anyway given how much he has laying around. Uchida just wanders around with punching gloves and kickpads doing a poor man's Tanomusaku Toba, just hitting light strikes and being extremely unconvincing. That's a common issue with guys like that, they tend to be incapable of pulling their punches due to extensive muscle memory so just do really fake ones to make up for that. 

Suwama was pretty much the only guy here holding things together. Bumped like a trooper for both guys (including a pretty hard high kick!) flirted with some shoot-style interactions (catching a Urchida kick into a ankle lock, going for sleepers, etc) ultimately winning out with a side choke. Surreal match to watch, I'd recommend it purely for the weirdness factor. The fact that the commentary ignore the entire match to go on about MMA with Severn (this was the typical post-production setup you get for indies so it wasn't live) is the icing on the cake. Severn also faced against Otsuka in the same promotion so you bet I'm watching that as soon as possible lol.