Pro Wrestling Only

[2002-06-29-ECCW] Damon Scythe vs Robby Lance (Ironman)

Mr JMML

Damon Scythe vs Robby Lance - Ironman Match - ECCW 06/29/02

Are you familiar with these wrestlers? Me neither, they put together a performance for the ages, as compelling and intense as any other Ironman out there, I had heard many people praising this match but I didn’t expect it being this good which is impressive considering that I couldn’t even tell who was who until the halfway point so this match really deserved its status among hardcore wrestling fans, the way the match was filmed was also a big reason why I liked it so much, it feels like we aren’t supposed to be watching it, it’s like one of those found footage movies like Cannibal Holocaust but instead of watching five jerks in the jungle you come across a grappling masterpiece, the only thing that I genuinely dislike of this match is the crowd especifically their lack of engagement, you get the impression that they didn’t know what they were looking at, if the people that were there had any idea about professional wrestling they would’ve cheered throughout the whole match but I guess it wasn’t anyone’s fault certainly not the wrestlers’, the intensity shown and dexterity because having a 30 minute wrestling match is hard and at the pace they were going it’s even harder, I just couldn’t look away from the match, there was no point where they lost my attention, very few wrestlers can do what these two ‘‘no names’’ did that day, both of them surely earned my respect and the respect of the wrestling community as a whole, there was also very little downtime, this match truly deserved the Ironman name, their grappling skills were at full display, they showed how mat wrestling should work, this particular match has a rare quality nowadays, every move really felt like it could result in a fall and that’s so difficult to accomplish.