Pro Wrestling Only

[2005-05-22-WWE-Judgment Day] Kurt Angle vs Booker T

Usually, I wouldn't watch a match like this, but there's been so much discourse surrounding Kurt Angle lately and he's been in such a rich vein of form in 2005 that I thought I'd see what he could do with Booker. I had no idea about the angle between Angle and Booker's wife. My first thought was that given the recent allegations against Vince McMahon, this type of thing looks even worse, but even without the McMahon scandal this would still be completely and utterly inappropriate. You can flirt with crossing the line, like the Jake Roberts and Elizabeth stuff, but when you start cutting the type of promos that Angle did... Angle claims this angle was a punishment for the way he treated creative around this time. I have no idea what the truth is. It's a pretty good match sans the angle, but the finish is rubbish and I don't think the post-match angle justifies the storyline. I dunno how Angle went from having a MOTYC with Michaels to this sleaze. Perhaps he was getting too big for his britches but surely there was a better way to cut him down to size that didn't humiliate Booker's wife.