Pro Wrestling Only

[2005-09-30-CMLL] Dr Wagner Jr & El Hijo del Santo & Mistico vs Ultimo Guerrero & Atlantis & Tarzan Boy

This was one of the better trios matches of the year. You can skip a lot of the other stuff and just go straight to this. It was so good even Meltzer bothered to watch it. I'm sure Dave was on a Mistico tip at the time, but the intriguing part of this was watching Atlantis play rudo and the most exciting parts were his flare ups with Santo. Atlantis vs. Santo is a matchup I never thought I'd see as a rudo vs. tecnio pairing and it's one to savor. Atlantis isn't a great rudo, but does anyone really expect him to be? I didn't realize that KeMonito followed him over to the rudo side. That leads to some role reversal spots where it's KeMonito hitting spots on the tecnicos and the tecnicos threatening to beat him up. This was an exciting bout. Mistico and Perro Jr may be the hottest stars in CMLL, but the Atlantis rudo turn is stealing all of my attention