Pro Wrestling Only

Bret Hart v Bob Backlund, Shawn Michaels v Razor Ramon

Guest Some Guy

Guest Some Guy

I watched Bret/Backlund: Survivor Series 94 the other day and it was great. I really liked the old school build to the finish and Owen's acting job to get his mom to throw in teh towel. The crowd was very hot for Bret, they poped for a headlock spot. I thought the ending should have been sped up a little as Backlund had Bret in the chickenwing for over 5 minutes while Owen convinced his mom. I understand why, but it went on a little too long. After the towel was thrown in Owen just grabbed it and sprinted backto the lockerroom. He should have jumped with his hands out and let out a big "wooo" or something to sell it to the crowd. Other than that I really liked the match, Backlund had some good arm work and Bret sold it well.

Shawn/Razor: Ladder Match II. If it wasn't for the finish I think I liked this one better than the first. Shawn takes a sick bump off a suplex to the the floor, Razor works his leg over, which makes perfect sense considering one has to climb a ladder to win, unfortunately Shawn just stops selling the injury once he takes over, which he always does. Hall seemed slightly less inspired here but Shawn was getting crazier and crazier in terms of bump taking. The Moonsault off the ladder, the missed splash of the top of the ladder were great. The finish was supposed to be Shawn on one ladder superkicking Razor off his ladder (the kick barely made contact), and Shawn jumping to the other to grab the belt. The ladder was out of position so he jumped for the belt and missed completely. Then he went back up, grabbed the belt and hit slipped out of his hands. By this point he was fucking pissed and started throwing a temper tantrum in the ring before going up and finally getting the belt.

Rock/HHH: Iron Man Match. I was really digging this until the stupid finish with Vince, Shane, Steph, and Taker all running in. I thought this was way more entertainign than Bret and Shawn's Iron Man. My only complaints were that there were too many falls and Rock punched a little too much, which JR acknoweldged in his own way on commentary. The match was very fast paced for an Iron Man match and had just about every thing packed into to one match. My favorite spot, which I've never heard mentioned is very subtle. In late 99 Shawn was reffing a Rock/HHH match and superkicked Rock as he was going for the People's Elbow (then disapeared and the angle was dropped, which pissed me off at the time). So in the Iron Man as Rock is going for the elbow, Shawn shuffles towards him a little teasing a kick before stopping. I thought it was a great nod to the past angle, which was highlighted in the video package before the match. This match was HHH on top of his game and Rock more than held his own through out.