Pro Wrestling Only

Doug Williams v Spanky v Low Ki v Christopher Daniels

Guest The Metal Maniac

Guest The Metal Maniac

I finally managed to watch the RoH 4-Corner Iron Man match to crown the first RoH champ. Williams vs Spanky vs Lo-Ki vs Daniels.

Good match, but maybe a bit below what I had hoped for. It annoyed me that neither Spanky nor Williams got even ONE fall; I guess it was kinda necessary the way the match was booked - for those who don't know, getting a pin/submission was worth 2 points, while taking a pin/submission was -1. Anyway, the story after the match is that Daniels never actually got pinned and actually pinned Lo-Ki (who won) so they had to kind of book the falls around that angle I guess, but I still think Williams and Spanky should have traded falls over each other if nothing else. It just makes them look like they're totally out of their league to get NOTHING. The same thing annoyed me about the X-Division match they had way back in the day, I think to crown their champ, actually. Anyway, two guys pinned all the other guys, then wrestled each other, essentially. I mean, if you're just gonna toss the guys in there to bump, don't bother.

That aside, the match was pretty good. Some neat psychology with EVERYONE working over Lo-Ki's legs, and some VICIOUS tackles on his knee too, most especially Williams exploding out of the corner in a sweet Tidal Crush counter.

All in all, a pretty good match with a gimmick I'd LOVE to see used again.

And Rudo, UWF-I always makes me think of the day that some UWF-I stuff came on TV here for some bizarre reason. When I explained to my dad that it was fake, I finally understood how he felt when he told me about Santa Claus. I wish they'd kept airing it though; that was the only UWF-I stuff I've ever seen, and I really liked it.

Guest TheShawshankRudotion

Yeah, that was my first taste of UWF-i too. Albright destroyed Sano, Takada and Tamura had an amazing match. I wish TSN had more of em.

Guest TheShawshankRudotion

Well Tabe over at DVDVR has every tape and then some, but I don't believe he sells anymore. So, no, it's not that hard to track down. Theres a best of Vader in UWF-i comp floating about that is really good and is recommended.