Pro Wrestling Only

HHH v Undertaker

Marty

I picked up for cheap a copy of WWE Insurrextion 2002. Nothing too notable about the card, except for the main event: Undertaker vs. HHH. This was the best match I had ever seen between these two, even better than their WrestleMania X-Seven encounter. Unlike the WM match, there was no lengthy ref bump to use as an excuse to brawl in the crowd, which was used to set up a cheap HHH highspot. Both guys were really game here, especially Undertaker, who was bumping like he was Jeff Hardy or someone like that. Early on in the match, he took a VERY NICE bump off of a HHH backdrop. HHH himself moved around a lot smoother than most of his matches at this time (this was, of course, during his brief face run). The top rope broke about midway through the match, causing Undertaker to slap on a chinlock for about 30 seconds to talk things over, which was about the only real wasted amount of time. Taker probably could've slapped on some sort of leglock instead, as he had attacked HHH's quads just before that sequence. Finish was clean, with HHH going over, and the heat was very good. I'd probably call it around *** and as I said, the best match these two have ever had together.