Pro Wrestling Only

Meltzer tidbits from Today

Strummer

--Sabu will be meeting with Vince McMahon on Monday in Phoenix

--Anibal Gonzalez, formerly Juventud Guerrera, is now going to be called just plain Juventud. I guess we have enough guys with last names starting with G.

--The storyline on Super Crazy & Psicosis is that Teddy Long was so impressed with them on the ECW PPV that John Laurinaitis signed them four months earlier. Well, something like that.

--The Sun has an interview with John Cena at www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2003560001-2005280084,00.html. They brought up where Cena had claimed to them just a few months ago that if he was moved to Raw he'd be kicking and screaming about the move, and then when they move was made, he didn't kick nor scream. "But now that I am on Raw, I'm going to say Raw is the better show. I have to, because you have to show your support for your brand," Cena said while promoting the current Smackdown tour. He said it's like getting traded. The story was half kayfabed as he talked about how the G.M.'s have until the end of the month to work out trades. When the spinning belt was brought up, Cena said, "if wrestling was run by the traditionalist, then it would still be in carnival halls featuring large hairy guys." Me think Cena needs to bone up on some wrestling history, but he has learned how to play Hulk Hogan. In fact, 20 years from now, perhaps he'll take credit for coming up with new ideas like playing to the crowd and delivering promos. He noted this belt is the most expensive belt in company history.

--Chris Jericho put this on his web site and was very upset about internet reports that he had bad mouthed Bill Goldberg on a Phoenix radio station, being that the two get along. "Just a quick note to set the record straight. I was sitting in my hotel room in Portland, Oregon doing some web surfing and I stumbled on a post on Liveaudiowrestling.com that stated the following...Jericho shoots on Goldberg...I promptly clicked on the post to find out what it said, only to be surprised at an article stating the comments that I made on Real Rock 98 out of Phoenix, Arizona completely burying Goldberg. Only problem is, I never appeared on Real Rock Radio in Phoenix or any other city this morning. I was too busy playing with my son and flying to Portland! So that means either Live Audio Wrestling is lying or some jackass actually wasted his time impersonating me on the radio! Either way, I just want to say that I have no ill will toward Bill. If I saw him today, I would shake his hand and give him a hug. As much as people would like to believe there is huge amounts of hatred and animosity between us...there isn't. What is done is done and I think that Bill is doing a great job with his acting nowadays and I hope someday we'll meet again. Maybe we'll have to meet again, in order to whip the asses of the people who won't let the events of our past...personal events at that...fade away!"