Pro Wrestling Only

Wrestling Culture Podcast Episode 36

puropotsy

In Episode 36 of the Wrestling Culture podcast, Dylan and I are joined by Pat Laprade and Bertrand Hébert, authors of "Mad Dogs, Midgets and Screw Jobs". It is a fantastic book on the history of wrestling in Montreal and we couldn't be happier for these guys. A fantastic chat with two gentlemen from Quebec, please check out the show and more importantly check out the book

Wrestling Culture Episode 36

This show was really awesome. I explored the question about nationalization and Paul Vachon that I mentioned in that the Flair thread the other day and got the answer I thought but in greater detail. Lots of talk on Generico at the end and what his future might hold. Some great stories from the book and stuff that didn't quite make the book. I butchered the last name of the "other" Mad Dog while trying to tout him. Some good stuff on PCO, Frenchy Martin, Dino Bravo, guys having to leave Monreal to get over huge, the importance of the athletic commission to Montreal wrestling, a discussion of how the book took it's shape, the awesome almanac-style stuff at the end of the book, whether or not a guy named Dick The Bruiser was right to criticize the ring name of another famous wrestler, a cool discussion of the Rougeaus/Garvins feud. One of my favorites that we've done.