Pro Wrestling Only

AAA iPPV fiasco

sek69

I felt this deserved its own thread, since it's one thing for indy groups like ROH to have these kind of problems but it's really inexcusable for one of the main promotions in a country to have a complete failure on this level.

Short story is that AAA was offering Triplemania via iPPV on uStream yesterday, and it completely failed. Not a "the stream is laggy or broken up" thing, but completely failing to air any of the show. Worse, it took AAA almost halfway through the show to acknowledge there was a problem, and even then they are throwing uStream under the bus saying it's all their fault.

Now keep in mind uStream has been showing New Japan iPPVs for months now with little to no problem so it doesn't seem likely they suddenly forgot how to stream a show. AAA is coming off as extremely bush league in all of this, and most likely killed off what could have been a nice little extra revenue stream in the process.

Yeah it was quite the debacle last night as I was in the Luchablog chatroom with many people who purchased the show and couldn't watch while we had one in Mexico who was watching on regular SKY PPV there giving us PBP.

UStream had a tech at the show from Germany who said that AAA knew of the issues and basically wasn't worried too much about it and were focusing on their SKY PPV coverage.

They gave out refunds today and are putting up the show online for free which is pissing off some of the people that bought the SKY PPV last night.

I felt this deserved its own thread, since it's one thing for indy groups like ROH to have these kind of problems but it's really inexcusable for one of the main promotions in a country to have a complete failure on this level.

Short story is that AAA was offering Triplemania via iPPV on uStream yesterday, and it completely failed. Not a "the stream is laggy or broken up" thing, but completely failing to air any of the show. Worse, it took AAA almost halfway through the show to acknowledge there was a problem, and even then they are throwing uStream under the bus saying it's all their fault.

Now keep in mind uStream has been showing New Japan iPPVs for months now with little to no problem so it doesn't seem likely they suddenly forgot how to stream a show. AAA is coming off as extremely bush league in all of this, and most likely killed off what could have been a nice little extra revenue stream in the process.

They've always been bad with how they organize & handle stuff

Yeah it was quite the debacle last night as I was in the Luchablog chatroom with many people who purchased the show and couldn't watch while we had one in Mexico who was watching on regular SKY PPV there giving us PBP.

UStream had a tech at the show from Germany who said that AAA knew of the issues and basically wasn't worried too much about it and were focusing on their SKY PPV coverage.

They gave out refunds today and are putting up the show online for free which is pissing off some of the people that bought the SKY PPV last night.

I'd be requesting a refund if I paid for the show in any fashion & found out they were giving it away free today on youtube!

Well that was unexpected, AAA is putting the show up for free on their YouTube channel. Part one is already up.

thanks for the tip, Im watching the show on there youtube channel now, can't wait to get the dvd!