Pro Wrestling Only

American Newspapers that cover wrestling?

My local paper The Charleston Post and Courier has had a weekly column by Mike Mooneyham for decades. This past year they moved him from his LONG time spot on Sundays to Mondays, but he's still there and has been forever. I know Alex Marvez used to write one for a Miami paper, but god knows if that's still the case

In Baltimore, we've had a dedicated wrestling blogger on our web site for years. The first guy, Kevin Eck, left to work for WWE. But we actually brought on replacements, because the blog gets a bunch of hits.

That said, none of the bosses understand or care about wrestling. They just see it as a cheap, easy way to generate web traffic.

Kevin talked to me about taking over his blog when he left, but powers that be wanted me to focus on other stuff. I didn't make a big push for it, because honestly, I like keeping wrestling as a hobby. I've found that writing about other sports changes my relationship to them and not always in ways I like.