Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Cracks Down

sek69

Some new lockerroom rules were laid out by WWE management in a pre-Summerslam meeting with both RAW and SD rosters.

Cause you know the best thing to do when morale is down is to law down more rules to make people unhappy.

- Video games have been banned, as they are seen as a distraction.

Distraction from what? Did someone blow a spot because they were playing PSP during a match? These guys aren't flying airplanes for chrissakes.

- Wrestlers who need to make personal travel arrangements through the office can only do so if they have a credit card on file. This is a change from the past system which allowed expenses to be deducted from payroll.

This seems like an extra step just to bust balls. Doesn't deducting from someone's check seem easier for all involved than keeping a credit card on file?

- Management was positive about several big international shows coming up, and said things are going great.

"Move along, nothing to see here folks" .....besides, international shows are right up there with DVDs as the few draws the company has left to count on.

- The importance of selling during matches was discussed, with Stevie Richards being praised for recent work on Velocity against Bob Holly, making him look great due to solid selling.

The irony-meter just pegged if Taker was in attendance at that meeting. Lord knows the key to drawing money is to sell Bob Holly's 80s jobber offense rather than revamping the creative staff.

Guest teke184

I don't think that Stevie was necessarily selling when he was in the ring with Bob...

Bob's got a reputation as being a hard-assed potato king when he's wrestling, as opposed to an RVD who's just "snug" and considered sloppy.

The gaming thing I believe probably occured when it was caught on tape that video games were being played while a beatdown scene was occuring on RAW.

Or so I've heard.

The gaming thing I believe probably occured when it was caught on tape that video games were being played while a beatdown scene was occuring on RAW.

Or so I've heard.

Wait. So you're saying that, when they filmed a backstage (assuming it was backstage) beatdown, that they accidently filmed a couple wrestlers playing video games at the same time???

If that's the case, that's the funniest thing I've read in a while. :lol: That's WCW-levels-of-production-editing funny.