Pro Wrestling Only

Angle/Marty on Smackdown

Guest KingPK

Guest KingPK

You can read my thoughts in full on myRoyal Treatment of Smackdown, but to sum up: it was a very well done TV match with great matwork and counter wrestling by both guys. The pace was a little slow, but they did all the little things that make a good match (going for pins on restholds instead of just sitting there, Angle bullying Marty around in holds by grabbing his mouth and rubbing his forearm in his face) Marty looked very good, and he should be kept around for the long haul. I liked the ending with Marty trying to repeatedly escape the anklelock, so Angle punishes him by adding the legbar to it.

Guest TheShawshankRudotion

I thought the matwork was ass. Really simplistic stuff, paced poorly, and was generally ineffective. I do like how they've protected the grounded anklelock, though. It's fun seeing the crowd react with "It's over" gestures. Marty was pretty basic.

Guest Some Guy

I thought the match was fun and they did good job of getting the idea that an upset was possible over, with Marty exscaping the anklelock a couple times. The crowd was really into to it which helped as well. Marty more than held up his end of the match and played his role perfectly as the plucky underdog who refused to just roll over adn play dead for a former WWF champion. I think they could and are doing a lot worse than Marty in terms of JTTS and I think Marty could be a good guy to fill in that role on one of the shows.

He's earned a job with his performances and I'd be suprised if he doesn't get a few more TV matches or at least a house show deal.

Guest TheShawshankRudotion

They should team Marty with Scotty 2 Hotty, where you have a tag worker with an 80's fad gimmick teaming with a worker with a 90's fad gimmick.

They'd be the most over heel tag team on Smackdown.