Pro Wrestling Only

Blue Thunder Driver

I don't pimp my own stuff often, but I figured I'd create a thread for my website here. It's only been around for a few months, and basically it serves as a way for me to express my love of pro wrestling. It's not what I would consider a smark website, it's more along the lines of a dude writing about why he thinks matches are great. To that end I'm using the website similar to the way that guys like Dylan and Matt explore and discuss wrestling. Each post is about one match, and often it's tied into some sort of project I'm undertaking in my wrestling viewing. For instance, my big project I've been working on since the start of the site is to explore all the PPVs on the Network in chronological order. It's been a fun journey so far as I've reaffirmed my love of certain matches, discovered new matches to love, and realized some matches I used to love really aren't that good. I'm also posting the matches I think are great from the 80s Lucha DVDVR set, and I'm hoping soon to start a PWG project and dig my way into more 80s DVDVR sets.

I know some may not agree with my focus on the great matches, but I want to keep things positive on the site and that's why I'm only writing about the matches I find great. Either way, I've been having a lot of fun with the writing on the site. And, while I don't consider myself a great writer by a long shot it did already net me a spot writing for a start-up wrestling magazine, so there is that. If anyone around these parts ever feels the desire to read about one man's opinion of great wrestling stop by Blue Thunder Driver and let me know what you think.

Blue Thunder Driver

• 3 months later...

It's been a handful of months, figured I'd pop in and pimp my blog again.

Finally reached 1999 in my ECW/WCW/WWF(E) PPV rewatch project, which means I think I'll actually have more stuff to write about. As it stands I recently wrote about Mike Awesome versus Masato Tanaka and the first ladder match between the Hardy Boyz and Edge & Christian.

I also tossed in a review of Cesaro/Regal, as well as a great Hashimoto tag. And today I dropped a couple of reviews of a pair of great matches from the 80s Lucha set. Check out the blog, if you feel inclined, Blue Thunder Driver.