Pro Wrestling Only

Squared Circle Gazette Radio #14 - The Best Non-WrestleMania PPV Of All Time

JaymeFuture

SCG Radio returns with a really fun show, taking your feedback and comments, debating which is the best Non-Mania PPV effort ever produced. Discussing Great American Bash 89, Summerslam 2002, AAA When Worlds Collide, Canadian Stampede, Money In The Bank 2011, Spring Stampede 94, Royal Rumble 92, ECW One Night Stand, and many many more. Which PPV will the panel deem the best? Check it out, and as always, let me know what you think.

http://squaredcirclegazette.podbean.com/mf/web/hvr4z3/SCGRadio14-TheBestNon-WrestleManiaPPVOfAllTime.mp3

Running thoughts.

I like using a show as a benchmark and choosing SummerSlam 2002 was a good choice. Really good stuff up and down the card and a show that looks good from historical significance too.

GAB 89 is one I do like better than SS 02 but I do see the lack of finishes as an argument to have SS 02 ahead. Still I prefer Funk vs. Flair to HHH vs. Shawn and have all of the last four matches of GAB 89 at **** or above.

SS1991 is an interesting choice as its the ultimate sum is better than each individual part but you did a good job picking away the flaws and I would have SS 02 ahead of it.

RR 92 is the best Rumble ever but besides that, the Piper moment and the fun opener, there isn't a whole lot. Good show for sure, but not a show I see as GOAT.

ONS is a show I know I will be down on more than most. Its super nostalgia, but at the end of the day, nostalgia.

Badd Blodd 97 was one of the more odd choices as I can think of 25-30 PPV's I like better than that one.

Fully Loaded 99 is an even odder choice as it doesn't even have a MOTYC choice like Badd Blood. I would take Night of Champions 2014 over Fully Loaded 1999

Spring Stampede 1999 being the last swing of the company was a great line.

Spring Stampede 1994 would probably be my pick overall and a card I really adore.

Invasion is another odd choice to me.

All of the 2000 WWF shows being discussed throughout was well done.

Overall this was my favorite shows you guys have done. The roundtable felt more lively with everyone interjecting in at appropriate points.