Pro Wrestling Only

UFC 2 HR Block - 10/31/05

Guest brian

The second Nick Diaz fight (vs. Robbie Lawler) was pretty good with some nice stand-up and the Sanchez fight was a good ground fight. I love how they continue giving you these different styles every week. I really want them to replay the Bonnar-Griffin fight from TUF 1, because that fight brought me back to the UFC.

TUF2 had probably the best heavyweight fight of the season, though the competition isn't exactly fierce there.

Overall, a good night.

Guest TheShawshankRudotion

Reshad has to be one of the most frustrating fighters to watch. He's not a bad fighter, but he's a counter fighter and that sucks. There's nothing wrong with counter-fighting when the strategy calls for it, but the strategy doesn't always call for it. Hopefully he doesn't fight like that in the finals, because he has some good skills and moves around pretty quickly for a heavy. Jardine was actually pretty quick, as well.

Dana White coming in to console Sam was the softer side of Sleazy D.

I like the Hughes face turn. Him being a dick for so long just made the turn so much better.. and he can always go back to the dickery.

I didn't remember Sanchez being so good against Gassaway, very impressed with his skills. Diaz may be in trouble.

Guest Cam Chaos

Can I request people refrain from labelling real people as "heels" outside of wrestlng?

Hughes is a hardass who has been insensitive on the show but these guys are fighters competing for contract in North America's largest MMA promotion, if they expect to be treated with kis gloves they are looking for employment in the wrong line of work. If they are not able to deal with the physical and mental stress fighters go through in training, they shouldn't be there. Matt is not the only demanding coach in the world that expects 100% dedication and effort who punishes his team for underperforming. Any coach that does not push their team to the limit is doing them a disservice. As the saying goes "train hard, win easy". He's played to win on the show and considering his competitive streak it's no surprise. However I don't get how he is a a bad guy for simply doing what has been asked of him, which is to prepare his team physically, technically and mentally to be UFC competitors.

Diego should beat Nick Diaz. He is a better grappler, better wrestler, better GNPer, has excellent sub defense, a solid chin, lots of aggression and has been training with Mike Winklejohn for his kickboxing, Oscar De La Hoya's coach Rob Thomas and is training his all round game against a camp including Joey Vilasenior, Keith Jardine, Nate Marquardt and Floyd Sword. To my knowledge Diaz is only training at Cesar Gracie's with his regular coaches and team mates. Not that Dave Terrell, Cesar Gracie, Gilbert Melendez, Steve Heath, Gil Castillo and Jake Shields are scrubs by any means but someone challenging themselves training against a new camp with top coaches is more likely to see significant improvement than someone training with the same guys being taught by the same instructors. Add to that the fact Diego is PISSED over comments Diaz made to his team mates about him and Diaz may end up resembling Diego's match against Kenny Florian, although I hope it is closer to GSP vs Mayhem Miller.

Guest Cam Chaos

Diego by KO or TKO due to strikes on the ground, RD 2.

Brad over Rashad, KO/TKO (cut) by strikes, round 2.

Third fight is a tough one.

Luke by KO or ref stoppage in the first round or Joe by sub in the second round. It all depends who dictates where the fight goes, to the ground or if it stays standing. Joe has already said he wants to take it to the ground so if Luke times a kick or knee just right it could be a short fight.

Guest Cam Chaos

They replayed Bonnar/Griffin on Unleashed last night.  I think it held up really well.

Why wouldn't it? A good entertaining fight will always be a good entertaining fight. It's not going to age in the same way WWWF matches have because it is real conflict that evokes genuine emotion. I never tire of either Silva vs Rampage fights or Heath Herring spazzing out and kneeing the crap out of Mark Kerr.

Guest Cam Chaos

Watch Don Frye vs Yoshihiro Takayama if you ever get the chance. You won't need to have any connection with the guys to enjoy the awesome hockey fight like brutality of it. You can actually watch it in slow motion and watch as their faces swell up.