Pro Wrestling Only

Jerry Lawler - Any Outside of the Ring Shadiness?

Smack2k

That isn't even a negative on Lawler. That is more reflective of Verne being a cheapskate.

Exactly my thoughts...he didnt even get paid for Superclash III, and he got Kerry's blood all over him!!

Seems like what I thought....although my thoughts on Lawler sway on him being a face or a hell (great in ring face, I really dont like his heel schtick in the late 80's into the 90's at all, and find it boring), he was a generally a good guy wrestling business wise and wasnt afraid to do things that were best for business...That is a great thing to know, really makes my overall opinion of him go way up compared to so many that would pull stupid shit to "protect their spot"...

I remember on one of the Honky Tonk Man Youshoots that he got a $999 payday working Memphis back in the day. Lawler asks HTM how he feels about getting his first "4 figure" payday in the business, HTM corrects him, and Lawler said something like "some people just aren't greatful". Again, not sure how valid it is, but if true, that's kinda scummy, especially with your own cousin.