Pro Wrestling Only

Shake Them Ropes #68: NXT TV Reviews, Orton's return, Cruiserweight Triangle Match from Starrcade 1998

Shake Them Ropes: VIDEO
February 26, 2015
Episode 68

Trainwreck Them Ropes returns with our second show of the week, with plenty to discuss! We have two weeks of NXT TV to review, the key points from Raw this week including the Intercontinental Championship situation, plus we’ll review Match #87 from the WWE Network Top 100: WCW Cruiserweight Title Triangle Match from Starrcade 1998!

Follow along with our reviews of the WWE Network Top 100 Matches to See countdown~!

00:00-02:00: Rob can’t work a computer

02:00-04:30: Hot Take: Raw is too long
04:30-06:30: Hiring Leva Bates?
06:30-27:00: Raw, IC Title, Orton’s return
27:00-47:30: NXT TV Reviews
47:30-63:00: Match #87: CRUISERWEIGHTS!

http://traffic.libsyn.com/shakethemropes/str02262015.mp3
Right Click to Download | iTunes Subscribe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKCMDd-p9bc

Been listening since last year around the jump onto VOW. I still say the best asset of the show is the length and having energetic opinions. Being a predominant WWE podcast, it is up against the curve of discussing stuff that can be seeked out in numerous other avenues elsewhere in the wrestling podcast scene. I think having some differing opinions on things and bringing energy in a condensed environment is critical to retaining listener-ship. The WWE PPV preview shows are usually a personal favorite.

I also enjoy the live prospective that you bring to NXT Rob as that is unique. In fact, the NXT coverage overall is another differentiating factor that is beneficial for STR overall.

This is my opinion but I'm generally not as huge a fan of the call in shows. I feel the opinions spouted on the callers become samey for the most part. In addition, with limited time, each caller doesn't really have a POV before we are moving onto someone else.

Call in shows are something I've struggled with. I like the fact that they are different than our usual shows, and it helps in getting people engaged. But at the same time, there's a reason many radio shows have gone away from calls in. The hosts are the draw, and when you do call ins, that draw goes away.

I'm considering doing away with the live shows in general and focusing on podcast/on demand, which is obviously how the majority of our audience listens to the show.

I think we definitely will be live after WrestleMania, but may limit the call ins.

It's all a work in progress, as we just really started with whole-show call ins at the Rumble.