Pro Wrestling Only

PowerSlam interviews...

Guest Cam Chaos

Guest Crucifixio Jones

I want to thank you, Cam for posting these. I haven't picked up a POWER SLAM magazine since I lived in Australia back in '99 and even back then, I only bought two issues. I just finished the Rhino interview and it's always good to hear straight from the wrestlers how things went down: how they wanted him to dye his hair blonde & make him Edge/Christian's brother (and their subsequent veto of the idea), road agents telling them not to do certain things on the undercard in fear of upstaging the main eventers and those same road agents' advice ultimately landing him and Tajiri in trouble with Vince. A great read.

His views on not being an actor but a wrestler were cool but showed me (not that I didn't know already) where WWE's priorities were when they requested he hire an acting coach. I'm trying to imagine Heyman asking this of one of his wrestlers in ECW or any owner requesting this of an employee before the Attitude Era.

Can't wait to read the rest. Again, thanks.

Guest Cam Chaos

You're welcome. I've had a shitty couple of days so your gracious thanks has put a smile on my face. :)

I think it's interesting amongst former WWE employess there seems to generally be an appreciation for the writers however not for the actual creative team that gives them the material to work with and the politics involved in getting a decent push and TV time. The two sides of Johnny Ace that seem to exist, one of a vet who respects and sympathises with the boys and one of a company man, seems to be a recurring theme also. Haas's comment about Vince only dealing with top level storylines rather than overseeing the whole show as well as his dismissal of Watts in favour of his yes men I think shows that he not be as entirely in control as we think and also perhaps shows when he first turned away from wrestling minds to Hollywood ones.