Pro Wrestling Only

PowerSlam interviews...

Guest Cam Chaos

Guest Cam Chaos

In the last year this UK wrestling publication has had some interesting interviews with guys like Rhyno, Christian, Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, Kid Kash, Test, Charlie Haas and others. I posted up scans of the Matt Hardy interview before, I was just curious if anyone would like me scan some of these other articles in.

Guest Cam Chaos

There are more to come, I am trying to upload what I can now but Imageshack is being a bit of an arse at times. Raven one next, I'm sure Coffey will dig it.

Guest White Lion

I have already read most of these in the magazine, but thanks for the interviews with Al Snow, Christian, Charlie Hass and the second A.J Styles interview.

Guest Cam Chaos

No prob. I'm just trying to hook up the majority of this board who probably don't get the magazine in the same way others on this board hook me up with Observer, Torch and F4W info and interviews.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Kid Kash really came off as a douchebag in his interview, I was surprised at that.

Also, finding out Mark Madden was the instigator in the whole "Bill Watts is racist" thing doesn't surprise me at all. Madden is the biggest (literally and figuratively) piece of shit that's managed to worm its way into wrestling in a long time.

Guest Cam Chaos

I think AJ confronting Kash only for him to claim it was a work is a very funny visual considering all the shit talking he did. The idea of AJ, the upstanding Christian, telling him straight that he'd knock him out tickles me pink. Ditto Steve Blackman kicking the shit out of Bradshaw only to get stopped by luggage.

Guest Cam Chaos

No one else wants to comment on any of the information provided in these interviews and discuss it?

I hoped Coffey and MisawaGQ would have at least said something about the Raven and Misawa interviews.

Anyone have any feedback in relation to Watts' closing line about the audience controlling the wrestlers these days, expecially in light of Angle's sudden face/tweener turn due to the crowd cheering for him despite the company trying to book him as a heel?

I hoped Coffey and MisawaGQ would have at least said something about the Raven and Misawa interviews.

There's not a whole lot to say about the Raven interview. He was brutally honest but he also comes off as if he thinks he's some fantastic worker and he's really not. He never has been. He has good psychology. He knows how to put a match together. It's just all the stuff in-between that doesn't stand out. Raven has never did a lot of things in the ring that make you eww and ahh he just does the basics well. He talks about dragging people like Gordy and Goldberg to really good matches...but those two examples certainly don't stand out to me. His match with Bam Bam Gordy was just a garbage brawl and his match with Goldberg had a ref bump and repeated interference from Kanyon.

I like Raven. He's one of my favorite wrestlers of all-time. Probably third on my all-time list behind Hayes and Nikita. I liked him more for his character and promos than his wrestling though. Same with Hayes and Nikita. It doesn't matter how good a match turns out if you don't care about wanting to see it. Raven always did shit that made you want to watch his matches.

The interview was dated a little bit too. It was back before Raven did Hardcore Homecoming. I liked what he said about the X-Division because it's true. AJ Styles stands out because he has a clean look and doesn't scream "jobber" when he walks out. People like Alex Shelley and Sonjay Dutt can't say the same.

I wanna see Raven work Samoa Joe in TNA. Especially after Joe squashed Riley, Raven's lackey, on iMPACT! last night. It'd give Joe a program to work that didn't involve Styles or Daniels and it'd give Raven something to do after his Zybysko trash is over with.