Pro Wrestling Only

Is this the first WM without a big draw for a ME?

Guest MJHimJfadeaway23

Guest MJHimJfadeaway23

I was trying to remember another WM that didn't atleast have a big name vs. big name match on the card, and I couldn't think of many if any. Now there's been a lot of underwhleming cards on paper, but there was always the big "Hogan vs. Savage", "Austin vs. Rock," and so on and so forth.

The closest one I could think of is WM IX and even that had the return of Hulk Hogan and Bret Hart vs. the unstoppable Yokozuna. And WM Xi didn't have big draws in the title match, but they had Lawrence Taylor.

I'm pretty sure this show will do close to a million buys cause it's WM and the name itself is the biggest draw in the company right now. But I don't think any of the assumed mainevents have the drawing power most passed ones did. I think that's why the card is getting so much flack. Cause even if YOU had control of the booking, I can't think of one match that's a guaranteed BIG draw.

Triple H vs. Cena is probably the closest they have now on the active roster, and if this wasn't WM, that would draw, what? 300,000+ tops? I mean that's pretty good, but not great by any stretch.

WWE shot itself in the foot by freaking out and putting the title on Edge and then back on Cena 3 months before WM. It cut the drama out of the match since now HHH winning won't have the added zest of being the the one to defeat a long reigning champ.

The only draw Taker has at WM is who is the guy who'll end his win streak, and you know damn well Mark Henry isn't going to be the one to do it. The only drama here is how is Taker going to finish him: the one-inch (off the ground) chokeslam or will he try to Tombstone him have his back collapse like a lawn chair?

Angle-Orton might be a draw, but again the WWE booking rears its ugly head. Orton would have to go over to justify the angle they're running. The way things are going now, the fans are going to be totally confused if they're supposed to cheer for Angle or not, which will probably muddle the crowd reaction.

Guest MJHimJfadeaway23

WWE shot itself in the foot by freaking out and putting the title on Edge and then back on Cena 3 months before WM. It cut the drama out of the match since now HHH winning won't have the added zest of being the the one to defeat a long reigning champ.

The only draw Taker has at WM is who is the guy who'll end his win streak, and you know damn well Mark Henry isn't going to be the one to do it. The only drama here is how is Taker going to finish him: the one-inch (off the ground) chokeslam or will he try to Tombstone him have his back collapse like a lawn chair?

Angle-Orton might be a draw, but again the WWE booking rears its ugly head. Orton would have to go over to justify the angle they're running. The way things are going now, the fans are going to be totally confused if they're supposed to cheer for Angle or not, which will probably muddle the crowd reaction.

Yeah I was thinking that too. With the two assumed mainevents at the moment, none of them are a viable option for ending the show on anything else but a flat note. Orton winning would be weak. Angle winning might get a generous pop, but nothing memorable, and HHH winning would probably get a more postive reaction then Cena winning. Only way is for Rey to beat Angle for the belt. At this point, I wouldn't mind a 3-way for the World Title, since they're insistent on having Orton in the mainevent, for reasons only known to them. Orton is a solid worker, solid mic skills, but he's not really that over and he's very young. He has time to mainevent many WM in the future, the constant obsession with having him be the "Big Draw" right now is hard to understand.