Pro Wrestling Only

Assorted TNA News

sek69

TNA's new timeslot will now be 11pm Thursday rather than the previously announced prime time slot. This is probably good news since the 9pm slot had Impact running before UFC rather than after, which would have really hurt their ratings. Anything that gets them out of Saturday Night Hell would be a good thing.

Raven has stabilized at 280 pounds, his undisclosed medical problem that caused him to take leave from TNA is that his thyroid is shot from his years of drug abuse.

If you missed the last PPV, Scott Steiner is now sporting a chest tattoo that has a sword piercing a heart. Unfortunately, from a distance it knd of looks like a giant penis.

TNAwrestling posted this newsbit, apparently Eric Young of Team Canada almost died recently:

TNA STAR ERIC YOUNG HAS SURGERY SCARE

Eric Young had surgery March 7 in Nashville to remove polyps from his voice cords and suffered near-fatal complications from the anesthesia used during the surgery, he confirmed.

Young stopped breathing for 10 minutes while in recovery.

Doctors first tried to revive Young manually, then had to hook up a pump to resuscitate him. He had an irregular heart rate when he awoke.

"I have no recollection of it; I felt fine when I woke up," he said.

Young wanted to leave Vanderbilt Medical Center that Tuesday following the surgery, but doctors insisted he remain overnight so he could be monitored.

"It scares the hell out of me because I'm probably going to have more of these (surgeries). This was my sixth one and I might have 40 or 50 of them," he said.

Impact Spoilers for the next two weeks:

Show for 3/18 opened with Jarrett & Scott Steiner doing a promo with the rest of the top heel gang.

Backstage, Samoa Joe destroyed Larry Zbyszko's office. He wasn't happy about losing the title

Sonjay Dutt won a three-way over Matt Bentley and Elix Skipper when Dutt did the Hindu press on Bentley

Abyss b Cassidy Riley with a black hole slam

Norman Smiley & Shark Boy b Homicide & Machete. Machete was pinned and Konnan & Homicide turned on him and tore his clothes off, basically axing him from the group

Christopher Daniels & A.J. Styles & Rhino & Ron Killings b AMW & Alex Shelley & Shannon Moore when Styles pinned guess who (Moore) clean.

Second hour for 3/25

Steiner & Jarrett in street clothes, destroyed The Naturals. May have been a no contest. Steiner gave Douglas a beating and he went out on a stretcher.

Mike Tenay was in the ring interviewing Samoa Joe. Joe asked who his next opponent was. Tenay showed him a videotape, which was of Sabu. The crowd went pretty wild seeing this. Joe stormed off.

Chris Sabin & Sonjay Dutt & Jay Lethal b Simon Diamond & Elix Skipper & David Young when Sabin pinned Young after a cradle shock

Joe b Puma via choke

In a match for Xplosion:

Sabin & Lethal b Homicide & Hotstuff Hernandez when Sabin pinned Hernandez

There was also a Team 3D vs Team Canada cage match taped at the end most likely for the 3/25 show.

Guest savagerulz

TNA should want that Thursday night slot, and do the REPLAY on Saturday night.

Nothing is lamer than watching a show on Monday night that's supposed to be the lead-in to the PPV...that happened the night before.