Pro Wrestling Only

Update Re my Bill Watts garage masters, plea for $

Bix

Quick recap: Retired collector Brian Last gave me 2" tape reels he got from Bill Watts with early Mid-South, Georgia, Southwest, World Class, later Mid-South, and more. I need it all converted to a modern format.

The guy who does the conversion is able to convert 5 reels at a time. I started with the stuff labeled as older Mid-South and got it back this week. Details~!:

All 17 screenshots I took are at http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y175/davidbix/watts/

Scorecard for what ended up being on the reels (in the order they were on the converted DV master, not chronological):

Newer Ink: Wrestling Dub Tape; Older Ink: 7/7/69 Superdome Promo Reeser In Cage

Label was largely accurate other than the year, which is '79. What I thought was a 6 may be an upside-down 7. Who knows? Anyway, this was the longest of the reels and had 3 segments.

Posted Image

First was Reeser Bowden in a cage being held up by a cherry picker promoting Watts/Robley vs Assassin/Angel w/ Rock Hunter in the cage to prevent interference.

Posted Image

Next, we have Reeser interviewing Robley & Watts in the studio. Robley says nothing as Watts cuts a fine promo about the Louisiana tag titles, Assassin/Angel, and all that jazz.

Posted Image

Finally (joined in progress), Boyd Pierce interviews Mike George (with a manager I don't recognize. Help!) where he voices his frustrations about Jerry Stubbs winning the 1978 wrestler of the year trophy (or something). Cuts off as the manager starts talking. George seems to be a heel here, but he's a babyface in...

Ron Bass/Ernie Ladd vs Mike George/Randy Tyler, Bass & Ladd have it out, Show #152 1/6/79 KTBS-TV 3 Shreveport, LA

Posted Image

Label is 100% accurate. Last few minutes of the match. Ladd accidently splashes Bass, causing them to lose, and they split afterwards.

Wrestling MS-62, Ernie Ladd vs Paul Orndorff (Wrestling II), Recorded 11/15/80, KTBS-TV 3 Shreveport, LA

Posted Image

Whole match/angle. Orndorff disguises himself as II, Ladd unmasks him, Orndorff beats him up, and Boyd's amazing suit interviews Orndorff, who was getting revenge for his brother.

Posted Image

At the end of this segment is a Baptist Book Store commercial.

Wrestling Interview New Orleans 3/1 2:00, WRAL-TV 5 Raleigh, NC, Recorded 2/14/79

Posted Image

Tony Atlas is interviewed in WRAL's studios (by that guy whose name I always forget) re: his match on March 1st at the Superdome against Stan Hansen.

Show #56 Terry Latham vs The Grappler (Karl Kox) 10/4/80 2:30 KTBS-TV 3 Shreveport

Posted Image

Match never starts, as Kox stays ringside after his match, and steals Grappler's cane. Grappler demands that Kox returns it, and gets hit upside the head with it. Then, Kox brainbusters him.

For reference, the chronological order:

-Wrestling Interview New Orleans 3/1 2:00, WRAL-TV 5 Raleigh, NC, Recorded 2/14/79

-Ron Bass/Ernie Ladd vs Mike George/Randy Tyler, Bass & Ladd have it out, Show #152 1/6/79 KTBS-TV 3 Shreveport, LA;

-Newer Ink: Wrestling Dub Tape; Older Ink: 7/7/79 Superdome Promo Reeser In Cage (Mike George promo is from 12/78 or 1/79?)

-Show #56 Terry Latham vs The Grappler (Karl Kox) 10/4/80 2:30 KTBS-TV 3 Shreveport

-Wrestling MS-62, Ernie Ladd vs Paul Orndorff (Wrestling II), Recorded 11/15/80, KTBS-TV 3 Shreveport, LA

-----

Other stuff:

-I'm planning on waiting until a few more batches are done until I send the donors' DVDs out, as sending out a 20 minute DVD now, with more being sent in a few weeks seems pointless. If nobody minds, I'll post the clips on YouTube so you can at least get a glimpse of it before the DVDs are sent out.

-I will send the GCW & Japan reels out next, either tomorrow or Tuesday.

-After that, the donated funds will be gone, and the rest will be out of my pocket whenever it gets done. I'm definitely going to spend a solid chunk of my own money, but I need more donated financial help to get them all done and not go broke (the conversion is $75 per reel plus shipping both ways). Check/money order/cash is preferred, but if you need to use PayPal, that's okay, too. For PayPal and contacting me about anything, my email is davidbixATgmailDOTcom (replace the loud words w/ proper symbols.) If you donate, you get it all on DVD.

Thanks to everyone who has chipped in or will do so soon. I'm glad I was able to get any of it converted.