Pro Wrestling Only

[2001-02-17-IWA-MS-Simply the Best] Cash Flo & Corporal Robinson vs Shank Dorsey & Mitch Page

GSR

Corp and Cash are jumped the moment they slide into the ring, although they quickly get the better of their opponents, avoiding the double clothesline and dropping both with a double lariat.  Shank takes to the floor with Corp in pursuit where he whips him into the wall before blasting him with a chair.  Corp positions the chair on the apron however a reversal sees him being the one who crashes head first into it.  ‘Mean’ Mitch and Cash are on the opposite side to them and Cash, like a modern day Jim Cornette, has got himself a Tennis racket which he uses on Page.  Back in the ring and Corp with a piledriver on to a chair.  Shank kicks out of the cover, low blows Corp and then DDT’s him onto the chair.  Corp ducks under a clothesline and hits a huracanrana that actually didn’t look too bad at all.  Cash and Page continue to rearrange the furniture on the outside and after splashing ‘Mean’ Mitch against the wall, Cash returns to the ring.  Flo with some hard knife edge chops to Shank before he whips him into a racket swinging Corp.  After being sat on the top turnbuckles Dorsey rakes Corp in the eyes, stopping whatever he had planned and then hits a tornado DDT, also taking out Cash on landing.  Corp blocks being suplexed to the floor and a big right hand sees Page take a nestea plunge to the outside.  Cash break another light tube over the back of Shank, jawbreaker, but they’re too close to the ropes.  Page has recovered and drops a headbutt to the prone Corp’s groin before being handed a staple gun and stapling a dollar bill to his face.  Big splash off the top and Cash breaks up the pin just in time.  As he and Page resume their rivalry on the outside Shank with a DDT on Corp.  The camera is following Cash and Mitch on the floor so we don’t see what is happening inside but cuts back in time to see Corp gesturing to Cash.  ‘Bootcamp’/top rope leg drop combination from them and they pick up the win.

I didn’t mind this (with the one exception of Shank kicking out of the piledriver on a chair, Mitch should’ve really saved him on that spot).  Same issue that’s a problem with any multi-person IWA match though in that there is still only the one hard camera filming things, so with wrestlers on either side of the arena or some in the ring and some out, you’re not going to see everything that happens.  They didn’t go overboard with the weapons shots and there was some actual flow to things.  Expectations are always low whenever Mitch Page is involved so if I come out of it having not felt like I’ve wasted my time or with some positive comments, I’ll take that every time.

• GSR changed the title to [2001-02-17-IWA-MS-Simply the Best] Cash Flo & Corporal Robinson vs Shank Dorsey & Mitch Page