Pro Wrestling Only

[2018-07-22-DDT-Summer Vacation] Mad Paulie & Tetsuya Endo vs MAO & Mike Bailey

nivvad

Bailey and MAO finally did it! Kind of sucks to see Endo just be a transitional champ, but he still managed to put on a pretty great match here as well. Paulie didn't do much, but his small moments in the match were cool and fit to his style. Bailey and MAO of course were also pretty great with their smooth athleticism. In the end, Bailey and MAO finally get the upset to win the tag belts, ****1/4.

• 5 months later...

I find the way MAO incorporates shoot submissions into matches very rewarding. While other high fliers struggle to fill time doing faces or running the ropes to throw a forearm or whatever, MAO is trying to put you in a triangle choke. It is great. He also does a nice hip toss. It reminds me a lot of HARASHIMA, who never finishes matches with submissions but is always working towards an armbar or a rear-naked choke while grappling. It's a shame that you can't really find information on the DDT Dojo because between this and the spread of the butterfly guard in Tokyo Joshi, I think Hara might be the best trainer of the decade. But maybe he isn't involved with training at all and MAO and the Tokyo Joshi girls got that stuff somewhere else, who knows, truly.

Loved Paulie in this match, he's so entertaining to see. Endo works his ass off. Bailey does a kimura and fucking kills Endo with the moonsault knees at one point. Everyone is good and thus, it is a good match. Would also love to see DDT return to Endo & Paulie as a tag team later on, great fit.