Pro Wrestling Only

Armageddon comment

sek69

So in the tag title match that turned into a ladder match, Joey Mercury broke his nose and got what WWE.com called "severe facial lacerations" when he ended up eating the ladder. I always wonder when watching a WWE ladder match if someone's going to be seriously hurt, since every one now seems to be designed to have another "holy shit" spot meant to top the last one.

I was thinking while watching the Cena-Edge match that if one of them had been hurt in one of the extended spot sequences, the company would have been seriously boned.

I mean, what's going to come of Mercury getting his face bashed in last night? They were already considering MNM's reunion to be temporary, so even if this buys them some more time, it's not like WWE has any interest in tag teams anymore. As soon as a team loses the belts, they feel a need to break up the team. It just seems like there's no point for those guys to kill each other.

Guest DylanWaco

So in the tag title match that turned into a ladder match, Joey Mercury broke his nose and got what WWE.com called "severe facial lacerations" when he ended up eating the ladder. I always wonder when watching a WWE ladder match if someone's going to be seriously hurt, since every one now seems to be designed to have another "holy shit" spot meant to top the last one.

I was thinking while watching the Cena-Edge match that if one of them had been hurt in one of the extended spot sequences, the company would have been seriously boned.

I mean, what's going to come of Mercury getting his face bashed in last night? They were already considering MNM's reunion to be temporary, so even if this buys them some more time, it's not like WWE has any interest in tag teams anymore. As soon as a team loses the belts, they feel a need to break up the team. It just seems like there's no point for those guys to kill each other.

I've been saying for a while now that there is something about ladder matches that I find more dangerous and visually disturbing than a barbed wire match or some other death match bonanza. It just seems to me that somone getting tossed off of a big ass ladder onto another metal ladder is more likely to result in crippiling injury than some asshole rolling around in thumbtacks. Think of it this way. I have stepped on thumbtacks before and I have fallen off of a ladder. The tack pain is more immediate and creates blood,but you aren't likely to be out of work for a week because of it.

Anyhow, I really loved that ladder match, more than pretty much any ladder match since Jeff Hardy/Taker (which was really a match about "heirachy" and not about bumps), but really it's a shame and totally unnecesary. Running that match with no hype, and getting an injury of this severity is pretty shitt thinking.

Apparently, they only decided on making it a four-team ladder match the day before.

I watched the match earlier today and it's brutal. They took some insane punishment, and the fact they gave the match away with no hype at all is just mind numbingly stupid.