Pro Wrestling Only

NOAH 1/21/07 Budokan card announced

Ray

http://noah.puroresufan.com/

NOAH, 1/21/07 (NTV/G+)

Tokyo Nippon Budokan

1. Mohammed Yone, Taiji Ishimori & Atsushi Aoki vs. Kentaro Shiga, Yoshinobu Kanemaru & Dakota

2. Tamon Honda, Junji Izumida & Tsuyoshi Kikuchi vs. Akitoshi Saito, Masao Inoue & Kishin Kawabata

3. Akira Taue vs. Makoto Hashi

4. Yoshinari Ogawa & Shuhei Taniguchi vs. Doug Williams & Nigel McGuinness

5. Takuma Sano vs. Takashi Sugiura

6. Jun Akiyama vs. Go Shiosaki

7. GHC Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Title: Jay Briscoe & Mark Briscoe © vs. Kotaro Suzuki & Ricky Marvin

8. Takeshi Rikio, Naomichi Marufuji & KENTA vs. Yoshihiro Takayama, Minoru Suzuki & SUWA

9. GHC Heavyweight Title: Mitsuharu Misawa © vs. Takeshi Morishima

This is the best Budokan card they've put together in six months. Finally we have some interesting singles matches in the undercard, instead of a ton of random tags. With Taue vs Hashi and Akiyama vs Shiosaki we get the vet/youngster thing, and with match #8 we get more KENTA/Suzuki interaction, which was the highlight of the last tag they were in.

I expect the main event to be epic and emotionally charged. Also, lots of no-selling. I also expect semi-main 6 man to be the best match on the card. KENTA and Marufuji taking a beating while MiSuwa act like dicks and Takayama and Rikio just pound the crap out of each other. Sounds like a winning combo.

Akiyama vs. Shiosaki and Taue vs. Hashi are similar matches, and should also be quite good. Akiyama in the grumpy veteran role is fantastic, and I expect Shiosaki to take a king-sized beating. Taue isn't as good as Akiyama was playing that role, but Hashi is probably the best sympathetic babyface in the world, so that match should end well too. So yea, this should be the card of the year.