Pro Wrestling Only

[2000-12-16-WWF-Metal] Tazz vs Derrick King

GSR

Another late Metal find for my 2000 viewing and I certainly wasn’t going to pass up the opportunity of some more Derrick King (I’ve already watched his match against Perry Saturn from a fortnight later).  Jonathan Coachman mentions that the big Ohio Valley show from last Wednesday was cancelled due to the weather and will let us know when they have a new date as they’re in the process of rescheduling.  That’s got to be one of the earliest, if not they earliest mentions of OVW on WWF TV.  Tazz whips King into the corner, DK puts a foot up as he rushes in, however Tazz snatches the leg, grabs him around the upper body and suplexes him over head.  A stiff clothesline followed by some crossfaces and King has got in no offense whatsoever so far.  Head and arm suplex.  Another whip into the turnbuckles and, again expecting the charge, King with a tip up.  There was no charge though and on his landing Tazz immediately sinks in the ‘Tazzmission’ for the victory.

A squash in the true sense of the word!