Pro Wrestling Only

Smackdown! thread

sek69

Matt Morgan is now a newcomer who's a stuttering idiot, despite being part of Heyman's stable on SD not even a year ago.

Why do the *insist* on giving newcomers the stupidest gimmicks possible? It's like they get off on putting as many obstacles as possible in front of people. MNM seemed to avoid it happening to them only because they're more interested in Melina than the team.

Guest Cam Chaos

Wait until Jillian Hall gets called up and is little more than an old Austin Powers joke.

Seriously, it seems like the less you can wrestle, the worse the gimmick you receive. Then if you can wrestle, they somehow just find a way to bury you still. Heidenreich is the retarded Genius while Dinsmore is literally a retard and Morgan has Bubba's old gimmick. Meanwhile, Masters is getting video packages, tailor made entrances and his own challenge segment despite being an unover Luger clone. What the fuck?

This is really starting to piss me off, its like creative is a bunch of grade schoolers thinking of embarrassing things they can make the new talent do.

Think about it, this is Jillian Hall for those who haven't seen her:

Posted Image

Hey, a blonde with nice big fake yabbos, tailor made for WWE right?

No, they want to give her the same "mole" gimmick Fred Savage had in Goldmember.

Seriously, when they can't even think up a gimmick for their T&A, what hope do actual wrestlers have?

Guest Cam Chaos

What happened to Gail Kim? One minute she was getting this Matrixesque promo video, next she is women's champ, and no one ever even explained why she was there or what the promos has to do with her.

Guest The Metal Maniac

I like how no one is actually talking about SD in the SD thread. :P

I watched the first half of the show or so; I liked the bits with JBL and Angle, as they were pretty comical together. But then an episode of South Park I hadn't seen came on, so too bad.

Oh, and Carlito owns.

Guest Danny Dubya v 2.0

Matt Morgan is now a newcomer who's a stuttering idiot, despite being part of Heyman's stable on SD not even a year ago.

Why do the *insist* on giving newcomers the stupidest gimmicks possible? It's like they get off on putting as many obstacles as possible in front of people.

Maybe they're really set in their ways when that used to actually work or something, puttng obstacles in newcomers' ways, and can't see that it's ruining new people that are actually needed. I dunno.

That Matt Morgan promo was the first time I literally cringed at something I saw on a WWE show in about a year or so.

JBL's comment about him going straight to the pros unlike Angle was retarded. It's mark-level common knowledge that amateur wrestling is real wrestling, why even bother lying in this case?

Guest Cam Chaos

I believe she (Gail Kim) was released.

I know she was released, I was using her as an example of a woman that had what could have been an interesting gimmick but never had her initial promos built on. This Jilian Hall is getting a crap gimmick and they'll probably go bananas in a making it a focal point (God knows Lawler will make it one) whereas Kim had a decent intro promo series but it never went anywhere.

Danny, I think it's the same reason Tazz had to play off Puder got owned when he actually nearly wrecked Angle's shoulder, they want to delude themselves that people still believe the product is real rather than just somewhat interactive entertainment.