Pro Wrestling Only

[2018-12-16-Head Drop] James Mason vs Jordon Breaks

GSR

Head Drop is the promotion of one time PWO member ‘Big Rob’ aka Rob Brazier and this is from their debut show back in December.  The match is billed as ‘the past vs the future’ although looking at them both you would struggle to work out who represents what as Breaks is a real throw back to the World of Sport era of the past.  I know nothing about the guy in regards to whether he’s any relation, but he does where the black and yellow ring gear.  No knee pads for him either.  For roughly the first ten minutes they only go off their feet once and it’s really good; chain wrestling, counter wrestling and a variety of smart, nifty escapes which is right up my street.  There was a sequence that started with a Breaks Japanese stranglehold surfboard that I especially liked.  The longer the match went on though the more it lost its competitive edge and felt like two guys working together, which is in full evidence at the finish (Breaks gets the win after the Johnny Saint ‘Russ Abbott special’), while there were a few comedic touches in there that I personally could’ve done with out.  From what I gathered Breaks is only 19 and is certainly someone to keep an eye out for in the future.  This, as well as the rest of the matches from the show, can be found on YouTube.