Pro Wrestling Only

[2018-05-29-NOAH-Navigation With Breeze] Katsuhiko Nakajima & Masa Kitamiya vs Go Shiozaki & Kaito Kiyomiya

NintendoLogic

I'm surprised there's no thread for this yet. This was my MOTY for 2018, and I think it would have done well in best-of lists for that year if people still paid attention to NOAH. Nakajima and Kitamiya are collectively known as The Aggression, and in this match at least, they're like a modern-day version of the Holy Demon Army. Shiozaki and Kiyomiya are GoKai, and they're the latest iteration of the venerable veteran/rookie pairing. The Aggression come in with a gameplan to target Shiozaki's injured leg while neutralizing the youngster Kiyomiya, and they execute it to perfection. Great selling from Shiozaki (collapsing when Kitamiya tried to ram him into the turnbuckle is the kind of subtle detail you don't see too much anymore), great heel work from Nakajima (staring into Kiyomiya's eyes and grinning while pinning Shiozaki was a particular highlight), just great stuff all around. If you liked 6/9/95 and 12/6/96, you'll probably dig this as well.

• paul sosnowski changed the title to [2018-05-29-NOAH-Navigation With Breeze] Katsuhiko Nakajima & Masa Kitamiya vs Go Shiozaki & Kaito Kiyomiya