Pro Wrestling Only

[2001-01-17-WCW-Thunder] Rick Steiner vs Kwee Wee

GSR

The Kwee Wee is pissed off that Ric Flair doesn’t want him as part of his group and part of his WCW.  He tells him that when he’s in this ring he owns it and is issuing an open challenge to prove that.  The challenge is answered by Rick Steiner, and I have a feeling this won’t end well.  Steiner catches Kwee Wee on the leap frog and powerslams him to the mat.  He then runs him hard, head first, into the top turnbuckle and pounds away while questioning “you’re all man?”  Kwee Wee is thrown to the floor, taking a rough looking bump, before Steiner launches him with force into the steel guard rail.  Back inside the treatment continues, Steiner crossfacing him across the bridge of the nose and a vicious, high impact Steinerline that results in Kwee Wee holding his neck/throat.  He does try to fight back, even hitting his springboard sunset flip, but Steiner kicks out of that before even a one count.  Overhead belly to belly, Kwee Wee just about tucking his head in time.  Mike Tenay is wanting to get Paisley a towel so she can toss that in and put an end to this, he’s not the only one.  Release German suplex, Steiner comes off the top with a bulldog and that mercifully wraps this up.

Steiner just treats him with complete disdain and seemed unnecessary rough on him.  I don’t know if that was the story they were going for, Kwee Wee proving he’s ‘all man’ by taking a beating from Steiner but this wasn’t for me.