Pro Wrestling Only

[2012-07-15-WWE-Money In The Bank] CM Punk vs Daniel Bryan

ShittyLittleBoots

Everybody knows about the match these two had at Over the Limit, so this kind of goes somewhat forgotten at times, but I've always thought that it's brilliant. It's completely different from that said OTL bout of theirs, as it should've been; going into it, the feud between the two had been growing deeper & more heated, and the thing had a No DQ gimmick attached to it, so it only made sense that they beat the absolute shit out of one another here, to put it bluntly. There's lots strikes throughout & both guys deliver big time on the offense delivering those strikes -- all the chops & kicks look superb. Especially Bryan went really kick-heavy here, even more so than usual, and I loved it. They also take good care of that no dq gimmick w/ them hard chair, and especially kendo stick, shots. Now there's also that special guest referee gimmick with AJ Lee, but that doesn't take anything away from this, as they handled that in a way where it didn't come into the way of the actual match quality, I thought. Fantastic feud-ender. ****1/2