Pro Wrestling Only

[2013-06-16-WWE-Payback] Daniel Bryan & Randy Orton vs The Shield (Roman Reigns & Seth Rollins)

ShittyLittleBoots

All the FIP segs are rock solid, and unsurprisingly the highlight of the entire match is Daniel Bryan's last hot tag, which is, once again, incredible. That Butterfly Suplex off the top rope to Rollins sure was the move of the match. They also overall tell the narrative of Reigns & Rollins being the more in-sync, experienced top-tier TEAM brilliantly while Bryan & Orton feel like two singles wrestlers thrown together. It fully shows in those moments where The Shield gets the advantage by capitalizing on the little miscommunications between Bryan & Orton -- it especially came into play in the finishing sequence, which was great stuff. I hadn't re-visited this match since it happened in 2013, and I gotta say it was better than I remembered. You COULD say that it's somewhat of a "forgotten" match in the Bryan vs. Shield series; it's nowhere near the best stuff they did that year, but it's a yet another absolute banger between 'em. A very good match. ***1/2