Pro Wrestling Only

[1992-01-06 WWC] Greg Valentine vs Miguel Perez Jr.

Superstar Sleeze

WWC Caribbean Heavyweight Champion Greg Valentine vs Miguel Perez Jr - WWC 01/06/92

From what I gleaned from the commentators (my Spanish is non-existent) is that Miguel Perez Sr is outside and he is handcuffed from some masked man and Valentine is the Caribbean Heavyweight Champion. My big take home was that Valentine was wasted in the early 90s. He was just left to languish in WWF and WCW as some sort of over the hill 80s wrestler but he had so much more left to give. He still moved great and packed a punch. His selling of the atomic drop was entertaining, he did his TIMBAAAAAAAHHHHHH spots at the right time. They had a great elbow firefight. I loved his stump puller transition right into the Figure-4. I have seen Perez Jr before in like Los Boriquas but I didnt see much to pass judgment one way or another. The finish was great. The masked luchador slugs Miguel Sr. with a foreign object. The ref uncuffs him. Perez has Valentine in a sleeper and he turns at the last second so the masked man crashes down on Valentine. Ref counts three! Miguelito wins the title and Senior wallops the masked man all over the baseball diamond and sends him scurrying back to the dugout. Feelgood ending. Nothing that will change your world but you wish there was a world where Valentine was having long midcard matches or getting a tag team push somewhere in the world. ***