Pro Wrestling Only

[2002-08-24-ROH-Honor Invades Boston] Jay Briscoe vs Mark Briscoe

A pretty damn great showdown between the two brothers, and more-than great ROH debut for the younger one in Mark Briscoe. The early back & forth is really good, and once Jay gets busted open, things kick into a higher gear. Mark goes after the cut with those already-awesome looking punches of his, and Jay sells it greatly. Him getting back into things by briefly going after Mark's knee was very nice too, and it created for some neat moments w/ Mark selling it after delivering some of his bigger moves + him clutching the knee when going for that Moonsault gave Jay enough time to recover & get out of the way to swift the momentum, which I thought lead for a great sequence with Mark ultimately kicking out of that DVD. I think on surface you could call this a spotfest, but it's a damn good one to say the least + there's the storytelling of Mark, the younger of the two bros, wanting to show his older brother, even going as far as making him bleed & not giving him an inch w/ that cut. Definitely my pick for the MOTN honors. ***3/4